• Register

The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Patch 3.29 (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : General Discussion : Patch 3.29) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 30 2013 Anchor

We have hit version 3.29. The latest updates can be seen on the progress page.

As soon as the Dom4 beta test team gets it checked out and ascertains that it doesn't have any nasty surprises, it will be released. It is in all likelihood the last Dominions 3 patch.

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

"Weapons of sharpness did not pierce shields, fixed."

Interesting. I didn't know that this wasn't working, but it was already a pretty nice spell--I guess it will be even better now. Especially for chaffy units like soulless.

-Max

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

So what do we do about open games with the new patch?
And new games? do we all move to the new version?

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

When released, llamabeast will update the server and anyone who does not want Bad Things to happen will have to update as well. If games are not running on llamaserver, then whenever the person running it updates, everyone else should update too.

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

When the Dom3 Beta Test Team releases the patch
then The Dom3Minions server will update. But anyone in a game already can request that the game stay on the older version.
All old and new games will become new version unless requested otherwise.

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

Hmmm. Didn't know that Doom Horrors were immune to wishing.
29th June 2013
* Version 3.29
* Banefire strike caused plague instead of decay, fixed.
* Abomination of Desolation did not get false horrors under water, fixed.
* 2 Doom Horrors weren't immune to wishing, fixed.
* Manikin reanimating AI could make normal zombies too, fixed.

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

amuys wrote: Hmmm. Didn't know that Doom Horrors were immune to wishing.

Dom3.servegame.com
Some are, some aren't. Probably you could wish for a Doom Horror that was supposed to be unobtainable up untill now.

Jul 1 2013 Anchor

They're not immune to wishing per se, wishing for one(or any horror) is supposed to make one appear with a 50% chance of it coming under your control or attacking the wish caster. The bug was that in the current version the Abomination of Desolation and the defiler of dreams(which isn't a doom horror) appear like normal units when wished for.

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

I admin on a cbm game on llamabeast.
Should we update the game or are we good as we play a mod?

Maerlande
Maerlande Grumpy Old Fart
Jul 8 2013 Anchor

Gustavberner: Llama will update the game on the server. You will have to update all your clients too or you'll get errors when you send turns. Wait for an announcement from Llama.

--

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay / I sleep all night and I work all day / I cut down trees / I skip and jump / I like to press wild flowers

My Videos / My Guides 

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

The patch is delayed slightly because there is a rash of possible crash issues that llamabeast has been accumulating from all the games he runs on the server and he's putting together a job lot for Johan to look at. Which is just as well, if we can get several crash bugs fixed before the patch goes out, it's all to the good.

We will let you know as soon as the patch becomes publicly downloadable.

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

Thank you for the prompt advice. :)

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

Patch 3.29 is released.

Jul 8 2013 Anchor

So does that mean we all download? or wait for Illma to update the server?
Also if he didn't and someone downloaded the update what should we do?

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Edi, you mentioned that blood sac temple checks were fixed for both Dom 3/4. Unless I missed it, I didn't see that listed in the Dom 3 change log. Is that in this (probably) final Dom 3 patch? Thanks.

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Should be, even though it's not listed. Calahan reported that a good while back, including a strong mention of it also being in Dom3 and the whole bit got greenified, so I expect that it should be fixed. It should be easy to test by running the game in debug mode and doing a few sacrifices to see how many temple checks that generates.

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Blood Sacrifice still seem to generate 2 temple check.

My test situation:
EA Mictlan.
God is imprisoned and DomSTR10.

Mictlan Priest perform Blood Sacrifice.
In next turn, white candle increased by 2.

Then, High Priest of the Sun perform Blood Sacrifice.
In next turn, white candle increased by 6.

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Okay, that's not fixed for Dom3 then.

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Added patch to the wiki. Dom3.servegame.com Thanks Edi, other testers, and Illwinter!

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Llamabeast has updated the llamaserver to 3.29 so now would be an excellent time to patch your game. :)

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

Just updated my game.
Do we need to send in our saves again? Would it be a bad idea to open the turn again in 3.29 and send in the save again?

Jul 9 2013 Anchor

I don't think so. If you open the turn in 3.29, it should update the orders and the file according to that, which just means it will overwrite the 2h file made with 3.28 and replace it with the new one.

In general, there is no problem with sending in 3.28 files to a 3.29 server as long as the update has been done before you receive the next turn.

Jul 10 2013 Anchor

As far as I know all servers have updated to 3.29 now

Jan 4 2014 Anchor

NM: Fixed.

Edited by: sum1won

Jan 5 2014 Anchor

. . . . . .

Edited by: gp1628

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.