• Register

The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
I just lost 700 troops for some reason, help me figure it out. (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : General Discussion : I just lost 700 troops for some reason, help me figure it out.) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 14 2013 Anchor

First of all. Holy crap balls I love this game. Having a closet full of board games and war games I wish we had found this game sooner.

Second, the AI makes some dumb mistakes (I'm very new about a week old on dominions 4 lol) but man does it make up for it with huge amounts of units. I took Ulm's capital and they are pissed. They have 3 or 4 armies of around 1200 or so troops EACH milling about and I;ve lost the capital a few times to their curshing numbers.

I have a force mustered there now around 1500 troops. Mostly undead but a good mix of stuff. They were sieging me I decided I had enough and sallied out and took the battle to them. They only had 700 troops so I knew I had them. However when I got the battle report I saw that We each lost half of our troops! Him a little more so from the fight, but there it was.

I watched the replay and after a few minutes of spell casting the log goes blank and we each have stones fall on our entire armies and we lose half of our guys, right there and then!

Can anyone tell me what happened?

Here is a link to the screenshot until the video evidence is uploaded.
Cloud-4.steampowered.com

EDIT
Also I have been playing the game where it lies. Just accepting whatever happened. However is there a way to recover this? Where and when does the game auto save?

Edited by: StormbringerGT

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Just a wild guess: Your report is consistent with the Gifts from Heaven or the Rain of Stones spells (stones falling over both armies).

Edited by: Henotheist

Dec 18 2013 Anchor

>>I'm very new about a week old on dominions 4 lol

Are you on Dom 3 or Dom 4 ?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.