• Register

The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Dominions 3 Database (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : The Codex : Dominions 3 Database) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 23 2013 Anchor

The Dominions 3 Database (more commonly abbreviated to Dom3 DB and available from here) is a spreadsheet document that contains information on almost everything in the game except for spells and data related to spell modding.

The file was created as a tool for modding and mapmaking, because lack of accurate lists of units, weapons, armor and their stats and other similar things were originally the main obstacle to modding. The Dom3 DB is an improvement over the older document originally created for Domions 2: The Ascension Wars, which was not as amenable to easy sorting by single attributes.

A word of warning for new players: If you wish to discover the rich and vivid world of Dominions on your own by playing the game, do yourself a favor and do not download this document. It WILL act as a massive spoiler if you do. However, if and when you wish to start making maps and mods of your own, then the Dom3 DB will be a valuable tool for you.

The Dom3 DB document contains

• Units
  • Weapons
  • Armor
  • Forts
  • Poptypes
  • Magic Sites
  • Nation lists
  • Army lists for nations
  • List of independent units and units recruitable from magic sites
  • Summary of Pretender gods (mapping pretender availability for all nations not finished)
  • Items (unfinished and subject to a number of inaccuracies)
  • Flysprite numbers for weapons
  • Sound effect numbers
  • Bitmasks for magic path combinations
  • Bitmasks for magic sites (terrain)

The Dom3 DB is available as three files:

• The full Dom3 DB, which autocalculates the actual in-game stats for the display page from the base stats of units, weapons and armor. Only available in Open Office format. This file will give even a fairly robust computer a good workout, because the massive number of VLOOKUP functions used takes a good while to run through. If you have an old computer, don't use this version.
  • A static version in Open Office format (functions removed, only end result data is shown)
  • A static version in Microsoft Excel format (functions removed, only end result data is shown)

The structure of the first file is such that it references base pages with VLOOKUP functions and calculates the actual results for the user's perusal. If you wish to use the Dom3 DB to make a version for a mod of your own, making changes to the base tables will instantly reflect the effects in the display pages. If new units are added, just add the unit numbers to the display page, the actual stats to the base pages and then extend the formulas on the display page and you will have a variant version that can show you everything at a glance.

The latest version of the Dom3 DB at this stage is version 3.26, but as there have been few changes to anything covered by the DB in patches 3.27 and 3.28, the document is accurate enough that it does not need an update at this stage.

If you have feedback or suggestions about the document, feel free to post it here. However, keep in mind that unless new content related to the DB is added to Dominions via patch, it is not going to be actively maintained. This means that minor errors will not cause an updated version to be posted.

Edited by: Edirr

May 16 2013 Anchor

Dom3 DB have an outrageous features over backup and managing data securely..It is truly amazing and VLOOKUP functions is mind blasting..

Maerlande
Maerlande Grumpy Old Fart
May 16 2013 Anchor

It's a wonderful utility. Edi did great work.

--

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay / I sleep all night and I work all day / I cut down trees / I skip and jump / I like to press wild flowers

My Videos / My Guides 

May 17 2013 Anchor

I agree with what others have posted, this document is amazingly useful for modding.

Dec 31 2013 Anchor

Public service announcement:

The old location for hosting Dom3 DB will cease to exist in 1 hour and 23 minutes. My ISP is terminating all consumer web hosting services as a cost reduction measure because of very low usage.

The Dom3 DB will henceforth be hosted at the llamaserver, as soon as I manage to upload it there. There was some glitch with the FTP connection just now and I could not log in, so that will have to wait until the problem has been resolved. Thank you for your time.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.