Based in Bratislava, Slovakia
Revenge is like a chilli - to make it good, Jack needs the right ingredients. A bit of money - from all the collected bounties; few friends, that could help him in the time of need; his own skills and abilities; and most of all shallow graves for all those who would stand in his way. The only question is: Are you going to be the Good, the Bad, or the Ugly? The game is our tribute to the spaghetti western genre. We took inspiration from games we love and also from movies by Sergio Leone, Sergio Corbucci, Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez. As the characters are insects, we tried to draw the inspiration from cliches from the both of the worlds. With the story setting being a spaghetti western, we are trying to utilize mechanics like gun tricks, shootouts, standoffs and bounties and wanted to make every bullet of your sixshooter count. The art design consists of comic book-like hand drawn illustrations and motion comic cutscenes to drive the whole experience.
Our studio was formed around May 2014 when we decided to try out making our first game. The project was in pre-production phase for a couple of months, while we were looking for the right tools and learning how to use them. We have publicly shown our vision for the first time with a trailer in November 2014 at GDS2014 in Prague and then presented our first playable prototype in January at CEGC2015 in Vienna.
From that point on, we worked mostly on our first version of the playable demo that we submitted to IndieCade Festival in June 2015 and also demonstrated at Radius Festival 2015 in Vienna. We polished the demo even more and added some new features so that we could send it to IGF2015 in October and also released it publicly available for download to get valuable feedback. We also showcased the latest demo on a bigger convention called Reboot Infogamer 2015 in Zagreb, Croatia in November. In February 2016 we also presented the prototype of our Duel mechanic at CEGC2016 in Vienna.
In 2016 we finally decided to leave the demo be and started to develop the actual game, adding content, fine tuning mechanics and adding overall polish to the project.
Current release estimate is for 2018.
- Experience action-packed shootouts, hunt down criminals and collect bounties
- Choose your own playstyle: Pick from three different skill sets (Good, Bad and Ugly) the one that suits your playstyle the best
- During shootouts, Jack can hide behind a cover to reload bullets or just to take a little break from all the shooting. Or to shoot back.
- Take advantage of Jack’s ability to suck blood from his enemies to fuel some of his more powerful skills
- Challenge your enemies to duels, where speed and precision is all that matters
- Hand-drawn comic-book style illustrations to reinforce the graphic novel feeling of the story
- A fresh and modern take on “revenge western” genre
Blood will be Spilled - Demo teaser trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "With spot-on visuals, some killer funny voiceover work, and subtle details for a little extra spice, Blood Will Be Spilled looks like it will fill a much needed void."
- Drew Weissman, Hao Gamers
- "With some minor tweaks to combat and jumping, Blood Will Be Spilled has the potential to be a superbly fun, highly-strategic gaming experience, especially for those with a fondness for Clint Eastwood and revenge westerns."
- Corina Dee, Alpha Beta Gamer
DoublequoteStudio does allow the contents of this game to be published through video broadcasting services only with direct written permission from Blood will be Spilled. Check at the bottom of this page for contact information.
Doublequote Studio is small studio based in Bratislava, Slovakia. It was founded in late 2014 by two brothers Ivan and Martin Kozmon with a sole purpose - develop their first indie game called Blood will be Spilled. The first prototype, proof of concept and demo was created with the help of two friends who did the programming. Currently, the team consists of Martin Kozmon - the art director, Ivan Kozmon - game designer & animator, Michal Páleník - lead programmer and Alexander Buzgó - level desigener & writer.
More information on DoublequoteStudio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Blood will be Spilled Credits
Project Lead, Game Designer, Animator
Level Designer, Writer
Dajme Tomu (band)