• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 9-3rd orange piece (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 9-3rd orange piece) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 8 2011 Anchor

I'm in the room with the end-level door on the far-right side, trying to get the orange piece in it. I managed to make my way to the left side of the pit underneath the thin hallway using link blocks, but there doesn't appear to be any way to construct a jump to the other side that Beret is physically capable of. I even tried putting the link block with the shorter space on the right end of the pit so its corresponding wood block hung an extra block-space out. I'd give you a screenshot to illustrate what I mean but Beret screws with my mouse so I can't click anything while alt-tabbed. Any hints?

Sep 9 2011 Anchor

You're right, you can't construct such a jump. You'll need to use something else in the room to help.

Sep 9 2011 Anchor

I managed to do it just using the link blocks. I paradoxically made the shorter link rest on itself using a regular block in the space between, and then slowly crawled my way across until the link part could be on top of the right side platform. There was a very tricky jump toward the end of doing that. But I'm sure that's not what you were talking about, so I'm still pretty confused as to the "correct" solution to this one.

Looking at the room in its base state, the only things that can be moved to that area that aren't blocks or link blocks, both of which I'm already using, are enemies: Namely, robots and up-down mines, both of which would instantly go off the bottom edge of the screen. There's also that one stone fake block, which seems completely impossible to do anything with but let it fall off a cliff. I'm not really sure what else you could be talking about.

Edited by: Xindaris

Sep 9 2011 Anchor

Actually, yeah, that's what I was suggesting, though I had used an up-down mine in between - didn't realise it worked with a normal block too. Though I shuffled the entire way across; didn't need any special jumping.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.