• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 8, side room off of first room (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 8, side room off of first room) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 21 2011 Anchor

Okay, so, at the bottom of the first room of level 8, off to the left, is a little room with some monsters to kill. The catch is that I'm stuck behind a wall and only have two orange bombs.

This room is driving me bonkers. I can't figure out how to get everyone, particularly since they're in essentially three separate areas. There are the two rollerbots situated next to the two up-and-downs, which can be killed together if I time it just right, although the single back-and-forth at the bottom always seems to escape unscathed. And then there are the red guys who attack if I use TK, who can get at me through the objects-only wall if I herd them unwisely.

Has anyone beaten this room? Any tips, tricks, suggestions, advice, chocolate?

Aug 21 2011 Anchor

The trick to this room is to use the red teleseekers to hit the bomb that can destroy the up and down spike balls. Then you can use a yellow bomb to kill the rest of the teleseekers, the other yellow bomb to free the red bomb behind the cracked block (Without blowing it up) and the red bomb to kill the two robots at the top. If you time it right, you will kill the bottom enemy with the same red bomb that you use to trigger the explosion chain to kill the two robots at the top.

Aug 21 2011 Anchor

You're on the right track. Are you missing, perhaps, that some prudent bomb throwing will give you access to a third accessible bomb?

[Oops. Beaten to the punch. And unless I'm misremembering I had done this differently -- less elegantly. Not thinking to use the seeker to blow up the upper red bomb, I just tossed seekers near the top area and middle area, making sure two were in range of each blast from tossing the orange.]

Edited by: nobodyweknow

Aug 21 2011 Anchor

nobody:

I'm definitely going to try tossing a red teleseeker at the top red bomb (thanks, Arete!). But as for gaining access to a third bomb, that is something I tried repeatedly. But I was unable to blow up just the cracked stone block. I'm guessing I just have really lousy aim.

Aug 21 2011 Anchor

Keep trying to destroy just the cracked stone block. You should be able to get it in a few tries- it just needs to hit the wall above the block at the perfect height so that the blast encompasses just the top of the stone block so that it destroys it but not the bomb.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.