• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 8 - last room (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 8 - last room) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 23 2011 Anchor

I must be really thick or something, because nobody else seems to be having the problems I am.

I'll let my problem speak for itself.

Thanks!

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

As you realize, the key is to get an "object" into the bottom area so you can turn at least one of those white blocks red, giving Beret the stepping stone he needs to get to the exit. But "object" in this sense means anything other than Beret himself. Were there other things in the room you might have tried using? (You may need to restart the room.)

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

Nobody:

I tried using an animate object, but I don't recall it working out very well. I'll try again.

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

The animate object you have to use is the hopper. You have to do some fancy throwing to get him to go the correct path, which is actually not the path in your picture (even though it is very similar to it).

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

Actually, you don't need the hopper for anything in this room - I guess the puzzle has multiple solutions. I managed to collect everything using two slow robots. You still have to do some fancy throwing, however.

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

I'm pretty sure I did it all with the slow robots as well. And the throwing necessary to get to the exit is less tricky than the throwing necessary for leaving a viable path to the medallion, if I recall.

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

This one gave me troubles for ages. I think I used the hopper for tracing the first part of the path, then the two slow robots to get him back and trace the other part.
If you still can't figure it out, I'll give you a more detailed solution.

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Thanks everyone. I eventually cleared the room (orange wedge and white medallion) by using a jumper to give me a leg up, then by using fancy footwork and two blocks.

And then I saw level 9 and cried.

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Haha, yeah, there are several solutions to this room. It sounds like Emojk had the solution closest to the intended one, in using the hopper to make the first step and then the slow robots to actually set up the path to the white medallion. A lot of the other solutions require tricky throwing, but I don't think it's too bad to pull off.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.