• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 8 - first orange wedge (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 8 - first orange wedge) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 10 2011 Anchor

I got as far as lining the spiky pit with blocks, then stacking them underneath me, but I'm too short. I'm just glad I had saved prior to going down into the pit.

I seriously don't see a way to get that piece. Explosives don't affect walls. I can't jump across.

Please help!

Aug 10 2011 Anchor

Carefully think about it...... Are those four blocks you are using to try to get past the pit REALLY the only things you can use as blocks in that area? If you can't think of anything, then restart the room and look at that same area again. Then you will probably see it.

Aug 11 2011 Anchor

That seems to be a pattern with me. I focus a great deal on where I am in the game and don't take much time to think and plan ahead. I have to remind myself that we can pan the camera across the entire room for a reason!

[Aug 16 2011, 5:11pm]
Well, I re-started the room completely fresh. I scrolled down to take a look and I saw nothing that could help me. Anything potentially useful is trapped on the wrong side of a Beret-only block. This includes blue pieces and blue jumpers.

I well and truly do not see the solution to this puzzle. Help?

Edited by: ray9na

Aug 16 2011 Anchor

The thing that you need is in the same side of the Beret-only walls as the blocks and the piece.
What you are probably doing is assuming you have to destroy it to get in that area.

Aug 16 2011 Anchor

*Lightbulb*

So then, how do I selectively destroy the stone blocks? It's hard to target them.

Aug 16 2011 Anchor

You got it. And it looks like you only need to save one breakable brown block from destruction. So you're looking to explode the red block such that its destruction radius encompasses the two breakable gray blocks but does not encompass at least one breakable brown block. Save before trying this, and you'll probably be able to get it within a couple attempts...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.