• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 11 - side-ish room (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 11 - side-ish room) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 6 2011 Anchor

The room in question is in the initial room of level 11, not off to the left (that was easy) but through that little door sort of in the middle of the room. How do I solve that room? I got the blue pieces at the top middle and the two red teleseekers, but how do I get the blue pieces off to the side? I have no idea how to get them. I've tried riding a block down both beside them and diagonally down from them and jumping, but I just end up falling into the abyss.

And then there's the white medallion. I'm not sure about that, either.

I have worked out how to take care of the yellow teleseekers once I'm done, so I'm set there.

Thanks!

Sep 6 2011 Anchor

To get the blue pieces you have to find a block that can press down the yellow teleseeker's link block so that you can jump off from that block and get the pieces. Are there any blocks in the room that you can use to do this? As for the white medallion, it is a difficult and complicated puzzle that has two solutions that I know of. Are you stuck on a specific section of that puzzle?

Sep 6 2011 Anchor

Well, your hint helped me get the blue pieces, but I'm still stymied over the white medallion. I think I need to come up the left section to hit the red switch between the left and middle sections without trapping myself in the middle section, but I'm not sure how to get up there. The only way to free that green block is to kill the yellow teleseekers, but I still need the ones on the bottom to get around. It feels a bit like a Catch-22 situation.

Sep 7 2011 Anchor

Can you get up the left side with the help of the green block... but without freeing it? Like Arete said, this one's pretty complicated. Note the maze-like structures in the left and right columns - those paths are there for a good reason.

Sep 7 2011 Anchor

I did recognize the maze-like structure as good, strategic spots to put a block to stand on, hence my mulling over un-linking the block. I actually got pretty far up, but I'm not sure how to get any higher. If I'm to the left of the teleseeker controlling this block, then it wants to head left toward me. The block I'm standing on is currently surrounded on the top, bottom, and left by Beret-only blocks, and no matter how far right I go, the teleseeker will only hover at the left edge of his section, which means the block is staying put unless I come down and start again.

"Complicated" is certainly one word for this puzzle. :P

Sep 7 2011 Anchor

Actually, I found it is possible to kill the teleseeker in the right maze WITHOUT activating the green switch block (It uses the red switch blocks).

A different solution to this is that it is possible to get up the left side without killing the teleseeker, as Kiwisauce said.

Sep 8 2011 Anchor

You've almost got it. That section that the block is getting stuck in is a problem, and you're right that once it's in there you can't get it back out without dropping down. There is a way to stop the block from going into the hole at all though...

Sep 8 2011 Anchor

Okay. I got the red switch (that was some mighty fancy footwork!) and now I'm realizing that I can't climb up the right section because I'm too short to reach that first object-only block (now that the stepping-stone no longer hovers at just the right height in mid-air). That and the green linked block on the left is somewhat permanently lodged in the space where the green switch block will eventually turn on. I suppose I can come back for the enemies (exit and re-enter) after I have the white medallion.

Help?

Sep 16 2011 Anchor

Oops, I meant to respond to this quite a while ago. Maybe you've already figured it out by this point, but there's a way to set up the link blocks so that you can get up to both columns without having to rearrange the blocks. Alternatively, if you placed the link blocks in the right spot, you can actually see them through the red switch and flip them around.

Nov 24 2011 Anchor

I'm stuck on the side-ish room also, but also here's a map I made:

--

come join us on irc @ freenode / #beret

Nov 24 2011 Anchor

I think Iso's playthrough of this level shows the solution much more clearly than I'd be able to explain it, so here's a link to the video that is mostly devoted to this room: Youtube.com. He executes the solution at about 10:45 in.

If you want a more general hint than that, the basic idea of the solution is that you need to set up the green link block in the left column and the yellow teleseeker in the right column to act as an elevator to help you ride up the left column. There are a few tricky details that need to be worked out, but that's the essence of the puzzle.

And thanks for making these maps!

Nov 25 2011 Anchor

Thanks for video link. It helped me to discover solution before Isocitration discovered it in his video. It was helpful just listening to him talk... liek a chipmunk.

Not the same side-ish room, but on the very right side (see map above), I seem to have locked myself in (and broken my arm)

Ah, I think I figured it out... hint: medallion fragments

Though, I am still confused about killing all the enemies. In the last room with the exit, I killed all the enemies...or so I thought I did, but the red x is sitll flashing.

Edited by: mizerydearia

--

Nov 27 2011 Anchor

That block that is linked to the pink link block is a fake block. The intended solution for that room is that you drop the link block into the pit through the object-only blocks in order to use the fake block to trigger the green switch, but you appear to have found an alternate solution that doesn't require delinking.

Nov 28 2011 Anchor

Ah, I see. Yeah, I managed to find an angle to throw the block so that it bounces just right. Pixel perfection ftw...though, I'm glad that several pixel locations work to produce the result,otherwise it would be quite tedious to reproduce without fine-grained control.

Edited by: mizerydearia

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.