• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Level 10 - Grey medallion (Games : Beret : Forum : Puzzle Help : Level 10 - Grey medallion) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 12 2011 Anchor

www.indiedb.com/games/beret/forum/thread/level-10-grey-medallion is locked, so I am creating duplicate thread. I like DROD's forum implementation (I can't use urls to link the text, so forum.caravelgames.com/message.php?Action=SearchHintsForm&BoardID=1 )
which provides mostly a single thread (never locked) for all discussion of a specific room.

How can I blow up the brown block after I already explogasm the bomb to open the green blocks? Also I do not see anywhere where enemies can continuously trigger opening/closing the green blocks as suggested in the other thread

"I figured I could use an enemy to hit the green switch every few seconds, so I can go back and forth on the screen, " - Emojk

Re: Also I do not see anywhere where enemies can continuously trigger opening/closing the green blocks
Found it! However, I still have no idea how to detach the purple block either by explosion or holding in place of green open/closing blocks.

Edited by: mizerydearia

Nov 13 2011 Anchor

This one is evil.

There is one possible green block you can use to destroy the brown block linked to the purple block. It is the one on the lower left corner of your picture.
You can pull off an insane move by throwing the brown block into the green block when it is off and then madly jumping up the purple block and grabbing it when you get to the top.

Nov 18 2011 Anchor

I agree. Even with saving very quickly and jumping and keypressing, it is nearly impossible and I am getting really bad carpal tunnel syndrome. Perhaps I must script the keypresses to pass this level.

Though, I wasn't using the bomb, but instead an enemy to toggle the green blocks on and off indefinitely. I see why doing that is not useful (unless scripted).

--

come join us on irc @ freenode / #beret

Nov 18 2011 Anchor

Just to be clear, it's not necessary to continuously toggle the green switch to solve this puzzle. You can arrange the block and the purple link block so that the link block is on the right side of the column and then toss the brown block all the way over to the green switch block when it's off. Then you can ride the link block up the column and use the teleseeker to hit the green switch and break the link while you're holding the link block. No tricky maneuvering needed! :)

If that description didn't make any sense, you can see (almost) the intended solution on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIdGNbt0uwQ) of Isocitration's Let's Play at 6:20 in.

Nov 19 2011 Anchor

I cannot find the exit for level 10. Where am I missing?

--

come join us on irc @ freenode / #beret

Nov 20 2011 Anchor

It's in the room on the far right (the one with the repeatedly switching red blocks), under those five cracked blocks at the top of the room.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.