• Register

Beret is a 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation. He decides that the Evil Corporation is a tad too evil for his liking, and begins his solitary quest to overthrow the corporation and punish the evil deeds of his employers. Beret has 21 puzzle-filled levels, 120 collectable Medallions, over 20 hours of gameplay, and an unlockable level editor.

Forum Thread
Beret doesn't run on OS X Lion (10.7.4) (Games : Beret : Forum : Bug Reports : Beret doesn't run on OS X Lion (10.7.4)) Locked
Thread Options
May 16 2012 Anchor

Hey kiwisauce! I'm sure you already know about this, but here's some info about what happens for me on OS X Lion. Hope it's helpful!

I've downloaded Beret 1.2.0 for Mac. When I run it, this happens:

1. Empty directories are created:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Beret
    ~/Library/Application Support/Beret/rooms
    ~/Library/Application Support/Beret/saves
  2. Fullscreen starts (blank black screen).
  3. Fullscreen exits.
  4. Beret is still running but not responding. I need to force quit it.

The console lists these logs:
pastie.org/3919191

and there's a hang report generated:
pastie.org/3919146

Actually I must have used 1.2.1, not 1.2.0 as I downloaded it today directly. Correction!

May 19 2012 Anchor

Assuming you have not yet successfully contacted Kiwisauce (I can't exactly tell if there have been any PMs or something), you may want to consider trying to contact him through some other means. This forum has been pretty much dead for months. I only noticed this topic because I was going to check another site that happened to have the letters "in" in it, this site popped up on the address bar and I decided "why not?" Point is I don't think you can post a topic here anymore and count on someone actually noticing in a timely manner. I know his Youtube username is KiwisauceY (for lack of any other remotely helpful knowledge); you could try PMing him there.

May 19 2012 Anchor

Kiwisauce is at least aware of the issue. I told him about this thread via IRC when he was online a few days ago.

May 23 2012 Anchor

Yes, sorry, I am aware of this. A few people are having this problem. Thanks for the detailed logs - I'll hopefully have the time to track this issue down soon.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.