• Register

3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
Why 3079 is Awesome (Games : 3079 : Forum : General Discussion : Why 3079 is Awesome) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 3 2012 Anchor

*Spoiler Alert*

Today I experienced the kind of creativity and versatility that makes this game truly unique and great, and I just wanted to point it out. I had reached the second to last plot battle (against the demon capital ship), and was having a really hard time beating it. I was using a miniship like the game suggested, and I repeatedly got the demon ship mostly destroyed, but would always get my ship blown up before I could finish the job. Then I'd try to use my antigrav pack to stay in the air long enough to take it out, but invariably got shot down. I did this over and over, until I got kind of frustrated.

Then I realized that by limiting myself to guns, antigrav, and miniships, I was ignoring a huge aspect of the game: building! Next time, I flew up onto a floating fort, then onto one of the asteroid-like spheres above the clouds. While the demon ship battled NPC miniships, I built a bunker on top of the asteroid, complete with recharger station. When the demon ship finally turned its attention to me, I was able to hide in the bunker and take potshots at it until it was destroyed.

It is this variety of strengths 3079 has, and the way it rewards lateral thinking that is its greatest strength. You can use bullets, blocks, or both to get the job done. Add in vehicles, the ability to fly, unique items, and character growth, and you have a recipe for an awesome game.

Alright, I'm done gushing for now. I just wanted to point out what I think is so awesome about this game. Anyone else have any similar moments?

Apr 12 2012 Anchor

I have been thinking of making a base on one of those, likely do that on my next game

Edited by: Sam-Q

Apr 23 2012 Anchor

I dont like 3079 that much. I can't cheat and It is way too hard, i just get instakilled all the time.

Apr 23 2012 Anchor

wad67 wrote: I dont like 3079 that much. I can't cheat and It is way too hard, i just get instakilled all the time.

You probably haven't played in a while, it's really easy now.

Apr 24 2012 Anchor

I am playing the latest version, Is there a way to disable autolevelling?
My weapons have stopped doing damage now, Considering they are all level 1 and the neanders are about level 14..
Is there a way to get back to the lower level areas?

I liked playing 3059, but this is really disorientating.

Apr 25 2012 Anchor

wad67 wrote: I am playing the latest version, Is there a way to disable autolevelling?
My weapons have stopped doing damage now, Considering they are all level 1 and the neanders are about level 14..
Is there a way to get back to the lower level areas?

I liked playing 3059, but this is really disorientating.

The farther you go from spawn the harder the enemies are, and the better the items you get from quest/mobs. It's a better idea to stay near where you spawn until you get level 2 or 3 gear and/or some money and a grappling hook before moving on.

dubyrunning wrote: *Spoiler Alert*

Today I experienced the kind of creativity and versatility that makes this game truly unique and great, and I just wanted to point it out. I had reached the second to last plot battle (against the demon capital ship), and was having a really hard time beating it. I was using a miniship like the game suggested, and I repeatedly got the demon ship mostly destroyed, but would always get my ship blown up before I could finish the job. Then I'd try to use my antigrav pack to stay in the air long enough to take it out, but invariably got shot down. I did this over and over, until I got kind of frustrated.

Then I realized that by limiting myself to guns, antigrav, and miniships, I was ignoring a huge aspect of the game: building! Next time, I flew up onto a floating fort, then onto one of the asteroid-like spheres above the clouds. While the demon ship battled NPC miniships, I built a bunker on top of the asteroid, complete with recharger station. When the demon ship finally turned its attention to me, I was able to hide in the bunker and take potshots at it until it was destroyed.

It is this variety of strengths 3079 has, and the way it rewards lateral thinking that is its greatest strength. You can use bullets, blocks, or both to get the job done. Add in vehicles, the ability to fly, unique items, and character growth, and you have a recipe for an awesome game.

Alright, I'm done gushing for now. I just wanted to point out what I think is so awesome about this game. Anyone else have any similar moments?

My lord, why did I never think about that? You are a genius.

Edited by: Flametrace

Jul 2 2012 Anchor

Omg... i never thought of that either, i just died like 2-3 times untill there were enough npc minifighters to distract the ship, AND i went to a lower level area, which means lower level demon ship, Win! hahah, very creative of you though :P.

Sep 2 2012 Anchor

Initially I thought this game was a bit too strange for me to actually enjoy.

My girlfriend convinced me to give it a try, so I got copies for us to play over the network.

In spite of how bizarre the visual presentation of the game is, it works quite well.

I'm often reminded of my gaming experiences in the old dos / early windows -days.

I would have to say the most intriguing part was penetrating the lower atmosphere and seeing the planet for the first time in co-op.

The music is also well done and fits quite well with the ambiance of the game itself.

Plus or minus a few bugs, this game really has drawn me in.

Edited by: yourebuying

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.