• Register
Forum Thread
How to make maps for Doom 1? (Forums : Level Design : How to make maps for Doom 1?) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 29 2015 Anchor

Hello and thank you for visiting this thread.

As you can see, i am quite new at mapping in Doom 1.

And now, what tools do i use to map?
(Sorry i am just new here)

Dec 30 2015 Anchor

Maybe try Doombuilder 2 or Slade 3?Also, there are plenty of tutorials out there.I'm not a mapper, but I've played a lot of Doom.Hope this helps, or maybe some who knows a lot can help you more.Good luck to you!

Dec 30 2015 Anchor

Thanks. I'm taking a small step in the big modding community.

Jan 21 2016 Anchor

There is also this going on right now Moddb.com :) .

Apr 1 2016 Anchor

Hi, I'm new to this website and I was wondering, how exactly do you create Doom WADS or Brutal Doom Mods?

Jun 9 2016 Anchor
Heisenberg19912 wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this website and I was wondering, how exactly do you create Doom WADS or Brutal Doom Mods?

I had seen alot of tutorial on YT maybe try those out?

Jul 8 2016 Anchor

Download GZDoom and then go through the tutorials here Doom Builder 2 Tutorials to understand how things work in the engine, how to import textures, map geometry etc. That's what I used to make my ExtraMana Doom II map last year. Hope this helps.

Jul 8 2016 Anchor

Oh thanks. I already knew that. Keeping your post to help other members seeking help ;)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.