• Register
Forum Thread
AMD RX480 or GTX 1060 (Forums : PC Gaming : AMD RX480 or GTX 1060) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 23 2017 Anchor

Yesterday i was planning on buying the rx480, but i heard the 1060 was good too. What should i buy?

Jan 24 2017 Anchor

Here is the gpuboss rating Gpuboss.com and here is a video on YouTube Youtube.com which talks about the two. Personally, I was a great fan of AMD cards up until 2007, but since then I had so many software and compatibility problems with their cards, I switched to GeForce. Didn't look back since. If you want frequent software updates and great customer support, go for a GeForce. If you want power, for less amount of money, and don't care if your card will work on the next Windows OS, take an AMD. Between those two, I would definitely choose the GTX 1060, just because I want to be sure that if something happens to it, the company will actually care to help me out. But, be aware that GeForce cards tend to get outdated much quicker than AMD cards.

Also, keep in mind that this is an opinion from someone who experienced many problems with AMD cards and doesn't care much about high-end/ultra performances. Curious to see what others may suggest.

Feb 6 2017 Anchor

Definitely going to get a RX480 this year. Thank you for the suggestions!

Feb 6 2017 Anchor

Np ;) . Sad to see no one else posting here, was curious to see other people's suggestions. GPU comparisons is always a hot topic.

Enjoy your new rig!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.