• Register
Forum Thread
"1001 Game Ideas" and a question (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : "1001 Game Ideas" and a question) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Hello everyone!I am an italian Ph.D. student in education and communication, and while on an epic quest for a university able to give games their due, I had the luck to participate, at the University of Tampere, in a workshop held by local researcher Annakaisa Kultima. She has quite interesting resources on her website, and probably the most comprehensive is this book, "1001 Game Ideas": Gamelab.uta.fi

While originally geared towards casual mobile games, it strives to work as a universal resource for game designers, independently of tools or even the digital/analog format, and I posted it here because I think it could be a useful contribution. The workshop was actually quite awesome, as we came up with quite a lot of (however silly) ideas. On monday we will try to pick the best and structure them a bit more.

But I'd like to hear your opinion: could something like this (in the most general sense) work in a big community like this? How could it be adapted for this different "environment"?

I warn you, I might want to inquire deeper into this issues...So be prepared for Science! :)(and by science I mean of course Youtube.com)

Edited by: NoobZen

Apr 9 2014 Anchor

I just skimmed the file, and found it quite interesting. There are lots of technique we could adapt in finding new ideas for game. And yes, my opinion is that we could use the technique offered and made sure that it is going to suit our need.

Apr 21 2014 Anchor

Bumping these and telling a bit more of the story: the workshop is ongoing and shifted theme a bit, as we are currently prototyping some well known video games as board games, among which Portal (with a nice 2D "level editor" made of cardboard squares) and WoW (using Legos to simulate character builds). Still, the book is retaining its usefulness in coming up with mechanics and scenarios.

I continue thinking this could be a very useful resource. Is there a way to give it more visibility here?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.