WARNING: This game may be disturbing to some audience as this game contains real disturbing footage, sounds, fear nature, jump scares, gore, extreme violence and intense horror that may not be for the faint of heart. Play this game at your own risk.
The Backrooms: 1998 is a is a first-person found footage psychological survival horror game where it tells the story of a young teen after accidentally falling into the depths of The Backrooms in 1998. Roam freely, mark, explore and try unravel the story - however you are not alone. Don't scream or it will hear you. Mind your footsteps, if you step on glass it will hear you. If you knock over objects, it might hear you. Everything comes at a consequences.
Please note: The Backrooms: 1998 is a survival horror game being worked on by one developer, the premise of the game is an "escape room" type of game - where you have to collect clues, find supplies to help you in The Backrooms and try to escape them. It is currently in Early Access and I will try my best to update the game frequently to give you the best enjoyable experience. Please do submit your feedbacks and suggestions as it really helps out with the development!
This new update includes some bug fixes and small changes. One of the fix was the bug that when you loaded the game, the door was still being barricaded and some players were stuck. This bug has now been fixed! Sorry about that.
Apart from that - we also updated the 'No Jumpscare mode' to have less loud sounds, even for the scripted jumpscares. May I also please remind you that the No Jumpscare mode will be the same as the other, but without the randomized jumpscares - so feel free to make your preferred choice when you start the game.
Here is a list of updated things for the new version:
- Fixed: Bug that when you loaded the game the doors were still being barrciaded, make you unable to continue and locked inside the room.
- Fixed: Some sounds were altered with.
- Fixed: Bugs that made the monster hear you even though there was no trash piles in the game.
- Fixed: Updated the player map.
- Added: New sound changes to some jumpscares.
- Others: No Jumpscare mode will now have less louder sounds.
- Others: Additional bug fixes were made.
- Others: All updates are applied both for the 2 modes.
- Others: Some jump-scares in the main mode were re-arranged.
- Others: Some more performance changes have been made.
- Others: Fixed some typos .. since I am illiterate in English sometimes :D
I would like to thank you as always for your support, suggestions and feedback. You're all amazing! Take care and have a good day.