Alpha 3 (v1.0.5073) of PewPew has been released! What's new and exciting in this release?
Missiles are now heat seeking as well as having a boosted damage potential. They're also unaffected by shields, which means it's usually one or two hits and they'll kill the target. They are limited in ammo though, so don't waste them all at once. Eventually they'll be limited to 1 missile per launcher, but for now it can hold up to 10 for testing purposes.
A chaingun has been added that uses bullets (with limited ammo), rather than "energy" projectiles. Bullets, like missiles, are not affected by shields. In addition shields have less hit points now, and when they're hit they'll also stop recharging for a small period of time to make killing things easier.
There's now a store on planets that allows you to sell and buy modules. It's pretty basic for now, but it allows some customization of your ship.
Any and all feedback is welcome!
- Planet sprites now reflect the type and size of the planet
- Galaxy generation now takes greenhouse effect into consideration when calculating temperatures
- Map screen now centers the coordinates on Faction1's home sector
- Map screen now colorizes systems with population based on the controlling faction
- Sound levels have been adjusted
- Sounds only play when objects are on screen
- Individual explosions now play sounds when a ship dies, rather than just one single sound
- Some balancing (thrusters, ship hull, shield strength) to make it a little easier
- When shields take damage, there's now a pause before they start recharging
- Fixed a bug where Scanners didn't actually have a max range for detecting things
- Added new a chaingun weapon that uses ammo, rather than being energy based
- Added a new engine, a new shield and a new generator
- Weapons and engines now contribute to creating a heat signature for the ship
- Missiles now do more damage and bypasses shields, but have limited ammo
- Missiles are now heat seeking (Infrared, goes after largest heat signature)
- Missiles you fire can come back and destroy you
- Added Weapon and Engine cooling systems (to help vs infrared missiles)
- Added Electronic Jamming Device (scrambles scanners on ships and missiles equipped with scanners)
- Added Electronic Counter Measure (destroys all missiles in range)
- Most sprites are less pixelly now
- Fixed bug where stars are always the lowest possible temperature
- Inventory screen now has ship silhouette and shows mountpoints with whatever is mounted
- Replaced the tradegoods store with a equipment store when landing on planets (both with eventually be available)