UPDATE: There were a lot of downloads of this game in the past, mostly direct downloads from my website and other download websites, but very little feedback from players, so I'm in a bit of conundrum right now, what to do with the game, whether to proceed with further improvements and multiplayer parts or to drop it completely. Based on sales, it would be wise to drop it, but based on downloads, it seems like gamers are interested.
I uploaded v1.03 recently, but in case there's more updates in the future the latest will always be here: Demo.bmtmicro.com
v1.03 (April, 8th 2016)
- Fixed: on later levels AI would sometimes fall into water (rare, it depends on density of destroyed tanks) and a new enemy tank would not be re-spawned.
- Fixed: AI would get confused and start attacking teammates.
- Fixed: score not being submitted if tank was damaged on enemy tank re-spawn levels (on level 4 and later).
- Fixed: clicking some of the main menu options would duplicate sub-menus.
- Fixed: options sub-menu was not working, you can now pick a tank type to play with (old or modern).
- Improvement: visual changes of modern tank type.
- Note: on earlier levels it may seem like tank is doing nothing, but that is deliberate, it's thinking longer than on later levels, because levels start easy progressing toward hard gradually, with each passing level tanks become smarter and more difficult to destroy.
Due to lack of financial support for the game it is most likely I'll postpone the development of multiplayer parts until more players get engaged, because such a small number of players probably won't benefit from multiplayer as there will never be enough players for the most fun 3 vs 3 death match.
I'm also postponing further improvements of single player mode, like advanced AI, different game modes, visual improvements, etc. It just doesn't make sense to spend more time on a game that plays just about a dozen of players. I'll wait a few more months and will drop it completely if nothing happens during that period.