Hello my good chums!
I've just released a new version of GODSPEED! over on Kongregate. Let me tell you what's changed:
- New menu screen with music and fireworks. It's much simpler to jump in and play.
- A tutorial! Finally! No more wondering what the hell is going on as you stare at some apes running toward some cats. This new tutorial also helps you learn the next point -
- Overhauled controls. You play using WSAD and the mouse now which is a lot easier as you don't need to search the keyboard for buttons as you play.
- Scrolling damage text for those who like to know exactly how much they are hurting things.
- Completely new upgrade sysytem! I found nobody was actually buying upgrades, so I thought I'd make them more exciting. Here are the facts about the new system:
- Your upgrades are placed on your towers now.
- You can choose to upgrade your minions, the tower itself, or the amount of tokens you get
- Each tower can hold up to three upgrades of any sort.
- If the tower is destroyed, you lose all attached upgrades to it!
I find this new system much more exciting as you base your upgrades on what is happening around
you. It's chilling when the enemy launches a bunch of minions down a lane which has three minion
upgrades on it!
Please let me know what you think of these updates!
Head on over and play it at Kongregate.com