INCANTAMENTUM is our upcoming folk horror narrative-driven adventure. Explore the isolated moors of rural Victorian England as you uncover the mysteries of Hob's Barrow.
A demo is available until October 13th as part of the Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition. We would love to hear your feedback! You can find the Steam page here.
The answers lie in the soil...
A mysterious letter invites noted barrow-digger Thomasina Bateman to the isolated and somewhat unwelcoming village of Bewlay, England. A series of strange events in this ancient and sodden landscape prove that this will be no ordinary dig for Miss Bateman.
The excavation of Hob's Barrow will uncover more than was bargained for...
- A dark, complex and evolving storyline featuring interwoven elements from real English folklore.
- Traditional point and click adventure game puzzles and interactions, with an easy modern interface.
- A cast of intriguing characters, from suspicious villagers to sickly vicars to lordly landowners, all with their own unique stories and motives.
- A distinct folk horror tone and grounding.
- Evocative pixel-art graphics, featuring cut-scenes and engaging animations.
- A suitably atmospheric original soundtrack from the musician behind the award-winning "Football Game" soundtrack.
- Fiends in the furrows, the smell of damp soil, and a cat or two.