The day has come and so has Idaho! Preparations for a release party are in top gear! We are also preparing for a special release stream with special guests. So when exactly is Idaho releasing?
Idaho for American Truck Simulator has been released!
So what exactly does Idaho have to offer? This new expansion features:
- Over 3,300 miles of new roads to discover and explore
- 11 new cities - drive through downtown Boise, Coeur d'Alene set on a gorgeous lake or Idaho Falls with a lovely touristic center
- A brand new viewpoint feature that gives you a new perspective of the world
- Expanded fan-favorite industries such as farming, timber harvesting or wood processing
- Visit the famous Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve
- Over 40 recognizable spots from the Historical Highway Marker program
- State-specific geographical landmarks such as canyons, valleys or basalt rock formations
- Many familiar truck stops and rest areas that truckers will know from the real world
- Finely-tuned road layouts and true-to-life signage
- Idaho-specific achievements to unlock
And that shouldn't be the only reason to explore the State for yourself! As an added bonus we will also have a World of Trucks event for all new visitors to Idaho with unique rewards to be earned as you visit each city and deliver jobs. Learn more about the rules in our yesterday blog post and take part in #CruisingIdaho at WorldofTrucks.com. We'd love to see your photos across our Social Media channels using the hashtag!
We expect to have this event available to players for an extended period of time, probably way beyond the point of reaching the 30 million miles community goal. We don't want to motivate you to rush through the DLC in a hurry to make sure you manage to obtain the personal achievement. We simply want to reward early adopters of the DLC for spending quality time with the new content.
We will also be hosting a special Idaho release live-stream across Steam & Twitch starting at 15:00 CEST. Don't miss out on this broadcast as we talk with members of the map and research teams involved in the creation of Idaho and a special guest appearance from Pavel Šebor CEO of SCS Software! We will be answering questions from the community, talking in-depth about the DLC and of course, releasing Idaho LIVE on stream!
With the release of Idaho, we will also be making a new special Steam discount bundle available. Introducing the Pacific Northwest bundle which includes the American Truck Simulator base game as well as Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Forest Machinery DLCs, and the Classic Stripes Paint Jobs Pack. The way Steam bundles work, it's both a perfect bundle for any new drivers who are keen to make a start in their new truckin' career, as well as a way for the loyal fans to obtain the new DLC at a nice discount if you already own the previous DLCs.
We hope you enjoy exploring what Idaho has to offer, we will see you on the roads!