It's been well over an year since the mod first launched and we've had... a few improvements. We went from a small Westeros in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, to a full scale Westeros, Essos, Sothoryos and a whole bunch of other places that only diehard fans of the lore would know. And there is plenty more to come. So, here is a quick list of what to look for in the future. As always, enjoy.
Current version: 0,6 - The Long Night.
Next version: 0,7 - The Prince that was Promised (working title):
- Will include a separate ideology based on the Lord of Light. It can't be boosted like other ideologies, instead you can only convert people by force. This is great for adding diversity into the game, since making everyone non-aligned kinda gets old after a while.
Versions 0,8 and 0,9:
- Something Free Cities related. Specifically a new way to play as Braavos. May possibly include a focus tree, but will definitely have a new Iron Bank mechanic that will allow them to better spread their influence.
- A total overhaul of Sothoryos. Rather than a single entity, the continent will be divided into (at least) three tribes that will battle for dominance.
- The Golden Company. A separate rule-set will need to be made for them. The idea is to have them be unable to declare war on anyone by themselves. Instead, they will only go to war if they accept a 'contract' from another country. Then they will declare war via an event, get full military access to the country that gave them the contract and in the end of the war they will pick their reward/payment.
Possible META changes:
Whether the vanilla game mechanics are good or not, depends on your opinion. As of now, they are perfectly feasible for the mod. But, of course, there can always be more done. The ones I am most interested in are:
- Rebalancing of the Economy laws; As of now, Civilian Economy is useless and the only reason to keep it is for roleplaying. There really is no reason not to go to the War Time laws. With a little rebalancing however, the Civilian economy will focus on Civilian factories and infrastructure while the others will focus on Military factories.
- Culture and Religion: Right now, House Greyjoy has focuses for changing their religion; the plan is to have that be a separate advisor section where each religion will provide bonuses to a given culture. Same with a nation's culture. An Islander culture will have the ability to make stronger ships, the First Men will be more resistant to attrition, the Andals will have research bonuses and etc.
These may not be the Feature changes in an update, but are things that I am very interested in adding:
- Special Unsulied units. Stronger than regular infantry, more expensive to produce but require less supply.
- Direwolf support battalions. A unique unit for House Stark.
- House Bolton focus tree. Includes Bloodhounds that give a reconnaissance bonus.
- Expand the Lengii storyline. This is an entirely unique story for the mod and can currently lead to war on the island of Leng. With some more work, you can have it escalate to include the Empire of Yi Ty and the Yellow Empire.
- Reach Power Struggle. House Tarly and House Florent each have their preferred way of doing things. Throughout the game, House Tyrell will need to balance between the two or risk open rebellion.
As the mod progresses, I will check off or add new things as I think of them. Cheers!