- Added bar tender voices to planet bars
- Added SFX/VFX to the boss enemies
- Added missing SFX to player abilities
- Fixed audio volume balancing issues
- Amplified voice overs so they are no longer drown out
- Cleaned up the UI so player attention isn't divided between top and bottom
- Updated the compass visuals
- Updated respawn to help clean up the UI and indicate player respawn better
- Score is displayed on game over and game win
- Fixed bugs with player healing
- Updated the trailer with better quality gameplay footage
- Made player health and cool down bars cleaner and easier to see
A lot of these changes were made to help clean up old designs to add a sense of polish and professionalism to the final version. Some changes were simply filling in missing sound effects or visual effects such as on the boss enemies and certain player abilities. Another important aspect was to bring together elements of the design to be more cohesive like displaying the endgame score. Finally, some changes were just us having fun with voice acting.
We have yet to decide whether we want to continue developing Giga-Squadron 1.21 after release, or if we will move on to new projects. It was a great experience developing together so maybe we can continue doing so to make some exciting new games for people to (hopefully) enjoy.