Play the final alpha release now at hanjan.itch.io!
This update introduces a number of bug fixes, quality of life improvements, and balance changes in preparation for beta development and the eventual desktop release of Star Legion.
Changes in the New Alpha Release
- New Stun Meter displays time until ship power will be restored
- Added a new font for all in-game text fields
- Power Meter flashes if attempting to shoot without sufficient power.
- Stun Meter flashes if attempting to engage engines or fire weapons while stunned.
Adjustments & Balance Changes:
- Fighters' Homing Missile firing delay reduced from 3 seconds to 2.25 seconds
- Out-of-bounds color made more visible for darker screens
- Forces and station meters for Green Team fill from the right
- EMPs no longer kill targets with downed shields
- Prevented chance of Forces Victory overriding Station Victory
- Fixed camera stutter sometimes encountered while moving during play
Anticipated Features for Desktop Release
The follow features are anticipated for the upcoming desktop release of Star Legion. Each feature is noted as either actively in development or still in design.
Take part in a tactical battles in a number of different game modes. The parameters for each battle can be configured through the Skirmish Battle menu. The following game modes are currently under development:
- Two-Station Battle (this game mode is available in the Alpha Release)
- One-Station Attack
- One-Station Defense
- Zone Control
- Elimination Dogfight
- Timed Dogfight
The new Skirmish Menu lists multiple game modes that will be included in Star Legion's desktop release.
Asymmetrical Tactical Battles
In the alpha release, tactical battles have been limited to two fleets attempting to either annihilate the other's forces or destroy the other's space station. In the new game modes One-Station Attack and One-Station Defense, defenders will attempt to wipe out the attacking forces while the attacking forces attempt to either destroy the defending space station or eliminate the defending fleet's forces. The number of forces for each side can be set independently from the game mode's configuration menu.
In this game mode, two fleets seek to control an area at the center of the battlefield. Neither team has the support of a space station. Teams gain points by occupying the control zone without any contesting enemy presence. When time runs out, the team with more points wins.
In this game mode, two fleets meet in combat without the support of space stations. Eliminate all of the other team's forces to win.
In this game, two fleets meet in combat without the support of space stations. Whichever team has the most kills win time runs out wins.