The past week whizzed past us so fast! The trailer was pretty successful, and the progress on the game was great as well. First, let's talk about some very important features of the game:
We have built an expansion system into the game. What it means basically is that we will be able to deliver to you new content such as levels, ships, models and more at the press of a button. You will have a page where you control the downloads and updates of expansion packs, and the game will handle the rest. Whenever we'll release new content, it will most likely be via our expansion system. You will be able to download and update all expansions FREE OF CHARGE.
Game download size
We are aware that data transfer fees can be pretty expensive in some parts of the world, and that's why we are going to keep the initial download of the game as small as possible. We have already spent a lot of time in reducing the application size while keeping the content of the maximum possible quality, but our work is not done yet. Long story short, you will be able to download the game via 3G connections with no problems. Apple enforces (with good reason) a maximum packet size of 50 megabytes for 3G downloadable games. You will be able to download more content for the game in the form of expansions, as described above
We hear you :) While our cockpit systems are up and running we will give the players the ability to use them when we feel 100% comfortable that they are of the highest possible quality. We don't like to rush things :) Also, there is the issue of download size. The cockpits that we have right now are quite detailed and take up a lot of space, so they will most likely be added in one of our free expansions.
That being said, let's see what's new this week:
- Lots of work was done on finishing up the menus.We have already started the polish stage
- The in-game store is close to being finished. What's left to do is lots of testing, balancing and fixing the eventual bugs.
- Social media integration. You will be able to connect the game to Facebook and Twitter, post updates, and make your friends envious of your scores and ships. However the game will NEVER post on social networks without your consent.
- The groundwork was laid for our expansions. The first expansion pack will contain 5 extra ships, new missions and more.
- Projectiles for weapons have been improved. Weapons have been rebalanced.
- The AI for the ships has been improved.
- Optimizations have been made in order to get a smaller download size.
- Bugs have been fixed, more of them will feel our wrath :)
Over and out :)