What is Elm Story?
Elm Story is a free design tool that helps authors, designers and students visually compose and publishing immersive interactive storyworlds. It has been in development since October 2020 and has now reached version 0.7
In addition to what we said before, these are the key features that separate Elm Story from other tools:
- ...work offline, without fear of a profit-driven, hosted solution collecting data, changing corporate goals, or shutting down
- ...naturally organize and respond to complex world models
- ...display real-time WYSIWYG changes during design
- ...support beautiful self-publication, free of royalties and automated upgrades
- ... incorporate the fundamentals of narratology to teach these notions and to standardize the language used in IF design
Elm Story 0.7 release features multimedia support, text formatting and many usability improvements.
It is also packed with ~60 enhancements and ~70 bug fixes.
You can learn more reading our devlog on itch.