The time machine allows construction of roads to accelerate transport or travel, increasing the emphasis on strategy and diplomacy (e.g. to gain access to friendly roads).
Posted by radagastearendil on
- Roads have to be researched.
- Can be constructed.
- Travelling entities gain speed.
- Can be captured and destroyed.
- Therefore allow for more realistic history simulation, e.g. destroying supply lines or industry connections, leading to diplomatic crisis that must be resolved by the player in a wise way.
- Roads can be converted to bridges and towers and upgraded.
- They can cross arbitrarily.
- As side-effect, roads will improve pathfinder performance significantly, very likely allowing for thousands of moving entities in 0 B.C. Time Machine.
- More realistic resources.
- Further pathfinder work.
- Further working on walkable meshes.