Welcome to DASH - Danger Action Speed Heroes!
A Powerful, Precision Platformer Program (PPPP). Let your level design and speedrunning skills loose! Inspired by the magic of other 'level makers'DASH takes the worlds of level creation, level sharing, and speedrunning to new dimensions!
Every week I show new gifs, videos and streams of the recent development of DASH, here on IndieDB!
Prototype started December 2017
Self-funded, solo-developed by Baby Duka
Currently in early alpha stage, being tested locally be team
The game is not yet distributed to testers and Early Alpha test team
Lots of articles in the DASHlog to read (has lots of gameplay gifs/juice)
Currently speaking to publishers and possible partners to prepare production
Broadcasting live gameplay from latest build every Saturday 12pm PST | 8pm GMT on Twitch
Early Alpha Update #01:
- Re-established Water Levels: No Water, Low Water, High Tide; choose to have water in your level
- Created math for water physics; under-water mechanic established
- Created system to customize level soundtrack in Level Editor's settings tab;integrated music by artist Bmagic
- Recreated musical soundtrack; Main Menu ambience; Level Editor ambience; level soundtracks
- Fixed issues w bullets colliding w crates incorrectly
- Created system to detect and display gamepad button icons according to which input is current
- Had a live play test and Q&A with people who had never tried or seen the game before
- Created Sploder; an enemy which doesn't move; explodes on contact w player
- Created some new graphics for the Hero vs Hero UI
- Recorded and added the voice of Young Dragon (voice by mrConcerned)
- Working on Hero vs Hero medal and win-sequence system; polishing
- Setting up intro-sequence; intro levels; testing static intro levels
- ... and much much more!
Follow Baby Duka on Twitch to get notified when Jake goes live
Get the news on development in your Twitter feed
This Saturday's Build Stream: