> Who are you?
> That's irrelevant.
> What's your name?
> The less you know, the longer you'll live.
> What matters is that you're deadly efficient, highly skilled, and invisible to indifferent citizens – traits that are more than desirable when you're one of the outcasts, the Scavenger.
> And you're here to kick some corporate a$$.
We’re so happy to finally officially release Danger Scavenger to you!
But first things first; Thanks all of you for supporting our game during the Early Access period! It’s been quite a ride! 🤪🎢
This 2.0.2 update brings some minor improvements and fixes, including the method of assigning keys/buttons in the controller settings has changed.
But the most important change is:
The game has undergone many changes, including the difficulty level, so if you want to make history as the best of the best, today is your chance!
We made the game available in Early Access on Steam, GOG, and the upcoming console - Atari VCS before its official premiere, exclusively for its supporters. Thanks to feedback from our engaged community, we were able to add a lot of interesting new features and fine-tune the game to your expectations.
During the crazy 9 months of Early Access, the game got 19 updates, the most important of which are:
- improved animation smoothness and overall optimization (Update 1.1.0)
- added in-game workshops for crafting during the run (Update 1.1.0)
- two game modes to choose from: arcade and roguelike (Update 1.2.1)
- diversifying level shapes (Update 1.3.0)
- added secrets (Update 1.3.0)
- added curse system - daemons (Update 1.4.0)
- fixed, improved, and extended the co-op game mode (Update 1.5.0)
- added new game+ in roguelike mode (Update 1.5.0)
- added leaderboards (Update 1.6.0)
- faster, stronger, TURBO - adjusted speed and game balance (Update 1.8.0)
- new content added: 2 more characters, more weapons, items etc. (Update 1.9.666)
- polishing update including performance optimization (Update 1.9.8)
- game improvements and new content including better AI (Update 1.9.9)
- beta polishing, bug fixes, UI improvements (Update 2.0.X+)
Thanks to the updates, the list of the MAIN FEATURES has been extended:
- Dynamic risk-reward gameplay: choose your path wisely, face the challenges, and become the hero you've always wanted to be! Or... take an easier path and return with nothing.
- Collect scrap and craft the equipment out of it. You can customize each weapon to your individual needs using the crafting system.
- Unexpected item combinations to discover during your adventures. Design your perfect strategy by many trials and errors, obviously resulting in many deaths.
- 6 unique Scavengers - each one has their skills and style of dealing with problems: stealth, strategy,
- rapid-fire action, or maybe a mix of them? You decide!
- Defeat 5 greedy corporations. Face 30+ types of enemies, their special versions, and bosses.
- Choose from a large selection of 30+ various weapons, 50+ active and passive items, and upgrades to buy or loot.
- You'll crawl higher than ever before - this unique skyline crawler takes you to the roofs of the breathtaking cyberpunk city, where you will face robots controlled by AI.
- Team up and fight the enemy robots in Cooperation Mode
- Immersive soundtrack composed by Szymon Weiss.
- Danger Scavenger, now available on PC (Steam, GOG, itch.io, Stove, nVidia GeForce Now, Humble Store), Atari VCS, and Nintendo Switch.
Early Access is over, but we are still here listening to your feedback and ideas. If you find any bugs or have ideas for new game features, improvements or you just want to share your love with us, be sure to let us know on the Steam Community or Discord!
be a rebel!
Piotr Wolk & Star Drifters team