If this is your first time, instructions can be found here: Youtube.com
Yup, I took another 2 weeks to create another chapter and this might happen again as I am about to close episode 2. Once again, I'm gonna have more slides than usual due to it being the conclusion so I hope by the end of it all, it will be a fantastic journey.
But I'll be honest, this may go down in history as my least favorite episode. I felt I rushed it so I can meet the weekly deadline I promised. I guess I was in the impression that by now I'd have a few subscribers but as this writing, I barely have 5 with the 4 others probably bots. Considering that it is a lot of work to make these videos and I have no audience at the moment, I should probably slow down the production of Wunderkind.
But for now, Chapter 5 will be released on the current schedule and when that is done, I'm taking yet another break, perhaps a month long one, to not only plan the next adventure but to also produce the assets. You got to understand that it takes a long time that I have to squeeze in to get these out in a weekly fashion. To give you an idea, the current process of making each chapter goes as follows:
- Read the script, fix errors, and make necessary changes.
- Break the script for the captions and then translate.
- Plan out what parts of the script is going to be drawn as cutscenes.
- Plan out how the QTE events and the necessary art assets required.
- Draw the cutscene slides.
- Draw the assets for the QTE slides.
- Record the lines of the script.
- Create individual video assets of each event and cutscene by combining all previous assets together.
- Take these individual assets and put them together into an even bigger video (i.e. the parts of the chapter)
- Upload them to YouTube.
- Put in the necessary annotations and link them to their appropriate places.
- Playtest the annotations.
- Add in the captions.
- Add title, description info, tags, and thumbnail.
As you can see, there's a lot of work going into these and not a lot of time within the week. The drawing portion actually eats up the majority of the time and coloring just doubles the work. If I can take that step and just do it all at once before I proceed with a new episode, I can release these in a weekly fashion with the trade off being waiting periods between episodes but for now, that'll have to do.
So that's all I got to say. Check out the video and if you like it, subscribe to the channel and check out the Facebook: Facebook.com