November 30th, 2018
- Wrote more dialogue for “The Twins’ Bond”.
November 25th, 2018
- Added one track by Charlie Paul: “Fortune Teller (Neutral)”.
- Set up the Fortune Teller scene to use three different variations of the same track depending on result of conversation.
- Minor bug fixes for Elliot Pure route.
November 22nd, 2018
- Wrote more dialogue for “The Watchful Shadows”. Writing for “The Watchful Shadows” is complete.
- Wrote more dialogue for “The Twins’ Bond”.
- Updated the German dialogue for “The Obsessive Valentine” according to Melle Teich’s translation.
- Updated the outline for “The Prom Queen”.
November 21st, 2018
!!* Added ForeverZer0’s MCI Audio Player script, then modified the shit out of it to allow a new VO mixer to be made for SE calls ending with “EN” (stopped with the Audio.se_stop command, still, but could be stopped independently), checking voiceover language to change played clip, and threw together a common event to lower BGM volume only while the VO mixer is playing a file. Game now requires codec installation, though, because of course OGG is the only codec the damn script doesn’t know how to handle by default. Doesn’t flat out break old saves, only prevents them from running the common event to lower BGM volume. Made it as plug-and-play as possible otherwise, to allow for easy removal if I decide I don’t like its slight lag when used this way (as opposed to MAJOR lag when used normally) later.
- Seems to leak memory? Physical Memory usage for the game is steadily incrementing in-game whenever a VO clip is played. (Possibly unrelated? Also noticed the game is now a small CPU hog - likely has something to do with MOG’s scripts or Khas’ Lighting script.)
- Fixed an issue that any BGM volume level under 30 would revert to 30 (ex. 25 - 30 = -5 (rounded up to 0 because volume can’t be negative), 0 + 30 = 30) after a VO track changes the volume. Now the volume returns to the original level.
- Hard-coded in Blizzard’s multi-track mixing for SE, converted to work with VO tracks as well, because injecting it at the end as instructed proved useless. Now we should be able to play multiple VOs at the same time (?).
- Disabled, because it made the game crash (and also skipped a clip outright). Yeah, a VXA game crashed. Go figure.
- Fixed a bug in MOG’s Animated Title script that made the title screen music restart every time the title screen loaded, even if the BGM hadn’t changed (ex. opening and then backing out of the Load menu). Script was telling the BGM to fade, presumably for the logo to be able to load without music (?), so I commented that out, since we handle the logo through an independent script (so that the logo doesn’t also play every time the title screen loads).
- Added Matthias Duval’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Obsessive Valentine”. Role completed.
- Added Dr. Daniau’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Poisoned DIner”.
- Added Dr. Daniau’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Disappearing Act”.
- Added Dr. Daniau’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
- Added the Hazzan’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Watchful Shadows”.
- Added Bellamy’s second (and final) batch of clips for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
- Added Bellamy’s first (and final) batch of clips for “The Watchful Shadows”.
- Added Simon’s first batch of clips for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
November 17th, 2018
- Uncast Det. Elliot Mortensen. Pending recast.
November 15th, 2018
- Addressed some known issues.
- Debug shop can now be sold to in order to dispose of unwanted items.
November 14th, 2018
- Changed Dark’s special character font from Another to Mango Scribble.
- Changed back, because turns out Mango Scribble wasn’t as free-for-commercial use as was advertised. (Illegal to distribute.)
- Changed Cheshire’s font from Allura to Alex Brush.
- Added more fonts.
- Updated German text formatting for some lines.
November 13th, 2018
- Cheshire’s Journal now supports (most) escape codes, including line breaks.
- Changed font for Cheshire’s Journal entries.
- Tried to change font for Case Descriptions per case, but nothing worked; can only seem to have one font for all descriptions (unless individual cases are pointed out?).
- Kept trying. Nope, still looks impossible. Can change font using escape codes, but content_width variable is then wrong (?), causing text to be fitted incorrectly (still using old font’s maximum line width).
- omg i did it???
- Ultimately disabled, mainly because the font used for Simon’s cases is too narrow.
November 12th, 2018
- Updated IMDb page.
- Started updating letters to display with special fonts on a paper texture.
- Stockpiled a shitload of free-for-commercial-use fonts.
November 11th, 2018
- Edited MOG’s Picture Animation script so it actually checks whether picture animation frame images exist before adding them to the list of frames. Originally, it would add 999 frames regardless of however many actually existed.
- Added to Dawn’s House.
- Added .
- Debug mode now allows warping to different maps… but it seems to cause the game to break. Like, a lot. How the hell do you get an RPG Maker VX Ace game to go Not Responding for no discernable reason? WELL I DID IT, SOMEHOW.
November 10th, 2018
- Set up some scenes in Dawn’s House.
November 9th, 2018
- Added Bellamy’s second (and final) batch of clips for “The Garden of Angels”.
- Added Bellamy’s final clip for “The Disappearing Act”.
- Added Bellamy’s first batch of clips for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
- Added Simon’s third (and final) batch of clips for “The Disappearing Act”.
- Calendar and newsstand interactions are now common events.
- Added to Dawn’s House.
- Figured out how to (somewhat smoothly) shift between two versions of the same track at the same position.
November 8th, 2018
- Cast Alex Greenslade as Matthias Duval.
- Cast Steve McGrath as Dr. Daniau.
- Cast Andrew Yuengert as Hazzan.
- Added Elisabeth Gros’ first (and final) batch of clips for “The Garden of Angels”. Role completed.
- Updated the picture gallery.
- Added placeholders for planned cutscene graphics.
- Updated some Monogatari actor graphics.
- Prepared more of the Case Journal for translation.
November 7th, 2018
- Resume writing new intro for Part Two.
- Added to Cheshire’s Estate.
- Added four new sprite sets for Mikkelsen.
- Updated wiki page.
November 5th, 2018
- Wrote more dialogue for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
- Finished writing “The Obsessive Valentine”.
November 3rd, 2018
- Wrote a line of dialogue for “The Obsessive Valentine”.
November 2nd, 2018
- Figured out that actors levels are class-exclusive. Removed, but then re-added to utilize.
- Updated some maps.
- Added to Callahan House.
- Officially started auditions for German dub.
- Added windows to maps that didn’t have them.
November 1st, 2018
- Updated the playground tileset (because it was horrifically misaligned).
- Threw together a draft casting call (translated by Melanie Teich) for a German dub.