This is an English remake of the French graphic adventure game 'La Crypte Des Maudits', originally released for the Amstrad CPC in French language only by Lankhor.
The game can be played in the following palettes (you can switch at any time while in-game):
- Amstrad color with 11 palettes
- Amstrad grey with 1 palette
- Amstrad green with 1 palette
After stealing the magical book of spells in La Secte Noire,
the Black Sect has returned to terrorize the population.
They are gathering in a nearby crypt, below the dark rooms of
the castle of Golin the Gnome, and you have ventured into it.
Find your way to the crypt through the castle filled with passages
blocked by gates, doors and chests to be opened, buttons to be
pressed, levers to be pulled, and secret rooms...
Can you annihilate this evil sect once and for all?
Wait, what? Black Sect 2...?:
The original 1991 version of Black Sect 2, called 'La Crypte Des Maudits' was the successor of the 1990 game 'La Secte Noire', the original 'Black Sect'. Both were done by Lankhor and only released for Amstrad and supported French only.
The better known 1993 version of 'Black Sect' was Lankor's own remake of 'La Secte Noire'.
- Developed by: Brocanty Games
- Released: 2020
- Operating system: Windows, Linux
- Engine: Adventure Game Studio v188.8.131.52
- Interface: two-button point and click interface
- (Left-click: walk/interact, right-click: examine)
- Resolution: 320x200
- Graphic modes: 3
- mode 1: Amstrad color with 11 palettes
- mode 2: Amstrad grey with 1 palette
- mode3 : Amstrad green with 1 palette
- Color support: 4 colors
- Number of players: 1
- Perspective: 1st-person
- Gameplay: Graphic adventure, Puzzle elements
- Genre: Adventure
- Narrative: Detective / mystery
- Length: Full length game
- Two-button point and click interface (Left-click: walk/interact, right-click: examine)
- Animated mouse cursors
- Much, much more and better action responses
- Move through game by arrow-keys, WSAD-keys or click the compass rose
- Unlimited save slots
- Altered puzzles to suit the point 'n click interface better and to add more logic to some puzzles
- Player can't die
- No dead-ends
- Play in Amstrad color, grey or green modes (can switch mode in-game)
- Has original amstrad soundfx and intro track