There were so many people who were sad about missing the Kickstarter and not being able to play Legend of Dungeon, we knew we had to do something soon. Now that the music system is roughly in place and the game is fairly stable, we've decided that it was time.
Beginning today Legend of Dungeon will be available to buy in it's "Nearly Beta" state exclusively on our website through the Humble Store. This new version of the game features it's highly anticipated Dynamic Music System with over 240 responsive tracks that randomize for each play through. You'll never hear the same music twice!
There will also be a playable demo of Legend of Dungeon at Pax East from March 22nd-24th, so anyone attending the expo can swing by the Robot Loves Kitty booth (#191) to play the game and meet us. Just tell us that "the internet" sent you, and a controller will be placed in your hands!
The Legend of Dungeon Alpha is available for $10 on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Game Info in case you didn't know-
Legend of Dungeon is a randomly generated action RPG Beat'em'up with heavy Rogue-like elements, striking visuals and dynamic music.
On your journey, you will find weapons, items, and long forgotten magic that will help you to fight off the hundreds of mysterious creatures you will encounter. There will be complete darkness to contend with, secrets to discover, traps to avoid, and treasure that, should you manage to bring it back, will make you a Hero.
- Single and Multiplayer co-op (up to 4 players)
- Randomly generated dungeons, characters, items, enemies and bosses,
- Real-time beat'em'up style combat
- A dynamic music system that changes through gameplay, randomizing entirely with every run
- Over 50 items and weapons, with magical items adding hundreds of possibilities
- Dozens of enemy types, becoming more dangerous the further down you get
- Hats! Hats! Hats!
- random encounter NPC's
- Permadeath, and a unique revival system for co-op