Sorry it took longer than expected to get an update out to everyone. My whole game world file got messed up somehow and i had to rebuild my game world. although my code was saved so it wasn't that bad. i will back everything up from now on so this doesn't happen again. But anyways here is the update.
Very basic HUD. plan on making this look a lot nicer in the future but for now it serves its purpose.
I improved the textures greatly so instead of just color we have actual good looking textures.
improved mountain/grass texture:
improved sand texture:
Honestly these trees aren't very good. getting any assets into this engine has been a real big problem for me but i think I'm finally getting it down. i will have nicer looking trees and other assets coming soon.
This is the first projectile because it was fairly easy to make and i need it for testing purposes (mainly physics testing) it does shoot were the cross-hair is aiming so you can be accurate. This will later be replaced by actual weapons.
Here is a list of a few things I'm going to be working on for the next update. so stay tuned.
- Physics overhaul. i plan on implementing physics to the fullest in this game.
- Character controller. i need to make a character controller witch responds to user input such as pausing, jumping, picking up stuff, reloading, etc.
- Load more assets into the game and make the game world look more appealing.
- Working with sky textures to make a nice looking sky.
- other miscellaneous fixes and improvements to the game.
I am in need on any good modelers and/or level/world designers. i am not a good modeler at all and would really appreciate if someone would like to join this project or just donate models.
- thanks for taking your time to read this article. I hope you enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed making it for you.