• Register

A huge open-world game where you have the freedom to play how you want - but your choices have consequences. You've survived the zombie apocalypse by living in a bunker for a year and now it's time to venture out. Scavenge for supplies, find other survivors, trade or fight with them, form relationships and build a community. Go on quests, face moral dilemmas, and uncover dark, terrible secrets!

Forum Thread
Survivalist 2 (Games : Survivalist : Forum : Suggestions and Ideas : Survivalist 2) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 28 2015 Anchor

Bob you have me hooked on survivalist and now a big fan of yours and the game, hopefully the franchise!

Now let me start of by saying this game done what State of decay should have gotten right! Building a base whatever way you wished or wanted!
No limits to population or size of your base and much more!

But i just wanted to give some ideas what i and a lot of people would like, in survivalist or the next game.
In no particular order:
1. More crop variety - shouldn't just be corn.
2. Trading network with maybe a Economy - To much of something decreases price and vise versa. The trading network could be set up by you or
caravaners like in Fallout 4 New Vegas or both! - The Caravaners (Traders) should stop outside the players Base's gate. The player should be notified when a Caravaners at his or her gate ready to trade and should stay there for a set amount of time before moving on. if a trader is killed a placement should happen.
3. Better sustainability ie. Workshops that can produce Ammo, scrap metal into usable metal for buildings, Cooking house to make better food like bread, sandwiches, soups, cooked meat so forth... all in all should be able to make whatever you find in the game but not necessarily everything, Yeah can't be overpowered. The player should always need reasons for trading I.e Meds to fight diseases and infections, however the player should be able to make bandages and items of that quality.
4. Animals - for hunting and farming although this might need better irrigation and fenced off areas. Irrigation more so if in the desert. Which this may lead to
an Educational center to increase Intellect skill for research, in turn this gives books much more to do than just increase a skill for an individual or made as a gift, they could be donated to the Educational Centers Library which increase the learning ability speed.
5. To make it more harder and to feel more survival like. Things should spoil and get broke with time. ( A Smoke house could be built to preserve food and a
the workshop to mend things).
6. Larger map or a way to travel to other maps. Just make it more sandboxie, still could be story driven but be more about survival like the games name!
7. Co-op would be a nice touch but the game doesn't have to be a massive multiplayer.
8.. More guns - you know what just more Variety in everything.
9. Just adding on from # 3 and 4 Buildable buildings like Educational Center (School/library/lab/research), Shooting Range, Gym, Medical Center. Having a place to increase one's skill without necessary danger, For example if i recruited someone but they had a low firearms skill and i needed a new guard after the bases expansion. Instead of risking that survivor partancing on zombies, firstly the endeavor of finding the infected which is time consuming puts that survivor at risk from being overrun by the infected or looters. Instead they could simply grab some ammo and practice at the gun range.

Don't care for vehicles, the games fine without driving them. The worlds turned upside down ( its been over a year since the infection hit) most vehicles are destroyed or been idle far too long and the batteries would be died, rusted and i'd say a lake of fuel wouldn't help matters plus fuel would be better used for generators.

All in all A great game and I'll be keeping my eyes open for the devs next game, This game should have took off abit like minecraft. Its amazing for price, playability, fun and the developer is always trying to make a better game and really seems to but his heart into his work. I salute you Sir!

Would you like any of these or what would you like to see in Survivalist 2?

May 13 2015 Anchor

I agree with a Part 2. Bob, I'm assuming you have to be doing something. Even if it's not a sequel, another game by you would be an instant purchase for me; I can't remember the last time I said that about a company (maybe Obsidian). Keep us updated.

But instead of focusing on small things like more crops or a larger map, I'd rather see more role play options. What really hooked me into this game were the different personalities of all the characters and being able to interact with them differently (depending on who you were controlling). Crops and Maps would make this good cool, but - for example - the different possibilities with the Reeds alone is truly what makes this game great.

Either way, more from Bob.

Jun 1 2015 Anchor

I also agree to everything here. Bob, is it possible for you to make Character Customization? The main character has a harder time of interacting with other survivors, so that means you pick out your type of personality. In games, Character Customization attracts allot of RPG players. Example like Zafehouse Diaries, a gem in the dust but thrown away because the devs wanted to make a space game. =( no offense to them. In Zafehouse Diaries you were able to take a picture of yourself and add in your own skill sets, race, and jobs.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.