Work on the next milestone, finishing the game world, is well underway. The Coronavirus has effected me personally as I am unable to work my day job any more in till things kind of blow over. The upside is that I am making great progress on the world design.
By the end of the month I plan to have the full game world done, originally I was going to leave out the prologue and ending areas, but with the spare time I have now, I think I can make it.
Starting in May I'll be making some pretty major gameplay overhauls...
- I'll be introducing gravity jumps, one of the core exploration abilities that increases your jump height by over double for a short time.
- Get 3rd person shooting back into the game to fit with the gameplay changes
- Bring in NU, which you can switch to at any time, and introduce hacking
- Bring in ally's and test out ally abilities
- Finally, test out real time combat arenas
Each of these features will push the game closer to it's ultimate vision and if I can get all these completed by June I'll also introduce territory wars, in which gang members fight for control of specific areas, creating a dynamic game world in which enemy encounters are always changing.
These meta event's will play out like a board game, and which side-quests you take will influence who has more control than others. Every mission you take will also simulate battles between factions and thus making story progress will passively change the game world.
Thank you for reading,