Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Launches on March 5!
Thousands of years after the Vaal civilisation fell, their Queen rises again to corrupt Wraeclast. Master powerful Vaal skill gems, explore secret corrupted areas, fight over 60 new bosses, challenge other players in new PvP modes and eventually destroy Queen Atziri herself! Watch the exclusive trailer here and read the full announcement so that you're ready to face Atziri!
New Expansion Content
- New Deadly Boss Encounter: Unlock the end-game confrontation with Atziri, returned Queen of the ancient Vaal civilization.
- Vaal Skill Gems: Charge up ultimate versions of your favorite skills by consuming the souls of your enemies.
- Secret Corrupted Areas: Explore never-before-seen areas of Vaal influence to find ancient relics.
- The Vaal Orb: Sacrifice your items in the quest for ultimate power.
- New Challenge Leagues: Ambush and Invasion. These new game economies provide an optional fresh start with a twist to the rules.
- Ambush League: Discover secret craftable strongboxes with dangerous traps and valuable treasures.
- Invasion League: Encounter invading monsters and bosses from other areas of Wraeclast.
- New Unique Bosses: Battle against over 60 new boss monsters in Corrupted Areas and the Invasion league.
- Cut-throat Mode: Hunt other players and slaughter them for their items in this competitive league.
- Free-for-All PvP: Enter the Sarn Arena and pit yourself against all challengers.
A full article about new content and features added with Sacrifice of the Vaal can be found here. See you in Wraeclast!
New Challenge Leagues: A Fresh Start
We're launching new challenge leagues so that players can have a fresh start and compete on new ladders to reach the highest levels, find the best items and explore the new content first! Your existing exiles can access all the new Sacrifice of the Vaal content in the permanent leagues. We've also given everyone an optional passive skill reset!
Compete in our Launch Competition! To celebrate the launch of Sacrifice of the Vaal, we're running a competition!
The first 50 players in each of our two new Challenge Leagues to slay Queen Atziri and her minions will receive an exclusive microtransaction effect themed around the Vaal. This status symbol will only be available to people who completed this challenge!