Based in Russian Federation
May 11 2017
OVIVO is a metaphoric game filled with illusions and hidden messages.In the world of OVIVO Black and White exist in harmony. Constantly intertwining and replacing each other they maintain balance. The main character named OVO created from these two halves of the world and it has the ability to switch between them. OVO travels through the metaphoric world, overcomes various dangers and collects mysterious symbols. These symbols help you to unravel the story of this world but how you interpret it is completely up to you.
Our history has begun in November of the 2014th when three young people who never developed games, and even were unfamiliar with each other has decided to participate in their first hackathon. We called our team "Theytakingahobbitstoizenhard" because we are nerds and for one night made the first prototype of black and white platformer.
It was a great experience for us and we got a lot of fun. But even more we had pleased when our friends has played the game and they really liked it! It has given to us the confidence to continue developing.That's how OVIVO was born.
We decided to reduce ridiculous name of our team to more laconic - IzHard. But we didn't know what to do next: we had neither an experience, nor money ,nor any representations about game developing. So we have decided to test our good luck and take a part in the international competition Imagine Cup by Microsoft where the first prize was a grant for development of project. Then we couldn't even imagine that in half-year we will become the winners of Imagine Cup of the 2015th.
Thanks to this victory, IzHard became a studio and development of OVIVO became her main objective. And we got the chance to make a dream game.
- Flow mechanics. In white, the gravity force is directed downwards, in black - upward. Preservation of momentum while transitioning from one color to another allows OVO to float along their border as i
- Fascinating art. The metaphorical world of OVIVO is full of hidden images and optical illusions.
- Design without words. There is no text in the game and the story is narrated through gameplay and visuals.
- Symbolism and puzzles. The game is filled with allusions and hidden messages.
OVIVO Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "1st place in Game category" Imagine Cup 2015
- "1st place" Imagine Cup Media Award 2015
- "Best Indie Game" DevGamm 2015
- "Best Indie Game" Gamedev Conference 2016
- "Best Art" Gamedev Conference 2016
- "Best Game Design" Gamedev Conference 2016
- "I'm sure Ovivo's control scheme was the easiest to understand out of anything I played at PAX East this year. An on-screen analog stick to move left or right in 2D space, a tap to perform an action... and that's about all you need to get started"
- Griffin Vacheron, Game Revolution
- "While this basic movement itself can be super satisfying even in simple scenarios, getting from point A to point B can still require more complex, twitch-based stunts and Ovivo offers plenty of opportunities to do so."
- Chloi Rad, Pocket Gamer
- "This surreal world offers a unique form of level design with its beautiful visuals. The game's simple but unique mechanics offer a variety of puzzle possibilities"
- Alexander Rohn, Krazy Knights
IzHard is small game studio located in Saint-Petersburg.
More information on IzHard, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Founder, Gamedesign, Idea
Art, Level design, Animation
Graphic design, Level design, Animation