• Register

OreSome is a 2D strategy game about ore -- exploring space for it, fighting aliens for it, blowing up planets with it. Build a network of frames and bots to defeat your enemies -- or just throw a sun at them. In a dying, decrepit universe full of foes, build up your forces and mine your way to the top of the food chain to explore further and further out into the void. By the time you're ready, you'll be powering light speed jump drives with stars, building Death Star style super weapons with black holes and in charge of the largest scale mining operation ever known to man -- all working for one of humanity's least scrupulous corporations -- and there's a lot of competition.

Forum Thread
Alpha 0.58 loading crashes (Games : OreSome : Forum : Bug Reports : Alpha 0.58 loading crashes) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 30 2013 Anchor

Hi its me again.
Just saw the new patch and decided to finish my other frame design but while i did that i noticed that the game crashes into a blackscreen every time i load up a Shipyard plan but only while the Shipyard itself is already runnung.

So loading a plan from the main menu works,
doing same from the running shipyard crashes the game.

Jul 30 2013 Anchor

That's odd - could you post the plan in question here?

Jul 30 2013 Anchor

for example: TLM or Singularity_shipdestroyer which I did upload.
but I can also reproduce the crash with every other plan I own.

it's really easy

1. I Start Shipyard mode
  2. I load shipyard savegame/plan
  3. crash

Works 100.1 % for me

Jul 30 2013 Anchor

I just tried loading both files, it works here... very strange. Did it make an errorlog?

Jul 31 2013 Anchor

The error log in C:\Users\ataaron\Documents\SavedGames\OreSome\OreSome_Save\AllPlayers
says this after i reproduce the error:

Uploaded.net

Also sorry for the German errorlog ^^ hope you can still understand most of it

Aug 3 2013 Anchor

Right, found it. It only happens when the game's fullscreen. I have a workaround that works for me, but I don't know if it will more generally. It'll be in the next version whatever though.

Until then, if you want to load in shipyard mode, you need to do it in none fullscreen mode.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.