• Register

OreSome is a 2D strategy game about ore -- exploring space for it, fighting aliens for it, blowing up planets with it. Build a network of frames and bots to defeat your enemies -- or just throw a sun at them. In a dying, decrepit universe full of foes, build up your forces and mine your way to the top of the food chain to explore further and further out into the void. By the time you're ready, you'll be powering light speed jump drives with stars, building Death Star style super weapons with black holes and in charge of the largest scale mining operation ever known to man -- all working for one of humanity's least scrupulous corporations -- and there's a lot of competition.

Forum Thread
Alpha 0.58 hardpoint disconnections (Games : OreSome : Forum : Bug Reports : Alpha 0.58 hardpoint disconnections) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 3 2013 Anchor

At the moment it doesn't seem like this is my fault but... once in a while in shipyard mode, a hardpoint will randomly disconnect. It doesn't matter what the connection is- frame to bot, frame to frame, etc. So far there is no apparent cause for these random disconnections.

Aug 4 2013 Anchor

I'm keeping an eye out for this. I've seen it before, but rarely.

Aug 4 2013 Anchor

Happens to me a lot. Also it seems that it's the same ones over and over.

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Are you able to cause it on purpose? If you can give instructions on how to get it to happen on demand, I'll be able to fix it easily.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Sorry, but I have no idea how this happens. All I know is that it happens too much.
Although, possible theories could be:
-too much stress applied to the hardpoint (tension, compression, etc)
-too much "going on", an example would be a couple active power frames nearby, an active planetary engine nearby, a blaster bot firing nearby, etc.
-Or, something completely opposite. I've seen frames calmly sitting there, when one randomly disconnects.
-"something" happened to it before, something that would trigger this result happening multiple times
-the hardpoint is having a bad day

I know those are pretty unhelpful, but personally I think it's the latter.
Also I have ruled out the possibility of something my fault. I suspected that I had brushed the track pad once, yet it still happens after I disconnected the track pad.

Edited by: sssuperguy

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.