Based in Hungary
October 30 2015
$2.99 - Steam
Operation KREEP is a two-dimensional top-down couch co-op (offline) multiplayer action game. An extraterrestrial organism threatens deep space exploration missions! Only trained personnel working as a team can eliminate these infestations. But, the corporation financing the space endeavor has a private mail for you: Cold hard cash for the alien alive!
Operation KREEP is my first commercial title, following many years of hobby game development.
Being a big retro game fan, I have fond memories of Battle City and Bomberman/Dyna Blaster parties. I wanted to vivify those feelings, but as a player and designer who values mechanics first and foremost in games, I wanted to bring something new to the table too. The KREEP was a design idea to create an antagonist the players can fight, acting as an artificial time limit for the fast paced matches and as a rule-set modifying the level layout requiring reactions from the players for the changing battlefield, similarly as in the before mentioned party games.
The Alien movies were another huge inspiration. I deemed the Weyland-Yutani corporation, with their ruthless views considering human lives dispensable, the main antagonist of the series and not the xenomorph. This inspired the plot and that is how the mixed PvE and PvP mechanics came to life.
Through a series of fortunate events, Operation KREEP went from a tiny game known and played by nearly no one to a fully fledged Steam release for which I'm really thankful :).
- Engage in a frantic local multiplayer action game (offline 1-4)
- Play single player matches against AI agents
- Fight in a dozen of arenas and pick from multiple player skins
- Try out various game rule mutators to take part in hilarious matches
- Decide, with or against your friends?!
- Both keyboard and controller support
Operation KREEP Trailer YouTube
Operation KREEP 1.1 Announcement YouTube
Operation KREEP 1.2 Announcement YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I'm a sucker for games that look a bit retro, and when it comes to ' Operation KREEP ' it has that and much much more! ... So expect a lot of bloody good fun in Operation KREEP that will last you right through the evening."
- David, Emile, James, Illisia, Alistair, Alex..., Indie Retro News
- "One would think that working as a team to overcome a deadly foe would be of the utmost importance. However, if someone was to be enticed by ambition and greed, teamwork may not be that important anymore."
- Evan Spadaccini, Indie Game Magazine
Spidi777 allows for the contents of Operation KREEP to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Operation KREEP is legally & explicitly allowed by Spidi777. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/operation-kreep/presskit.
Hi, I’m Tamás Karsai (Spidi) a solo game developer forming “Magic Item Tech”. I used to grind for magic items day and night, now I’m building games using technology fueled by them :D . Terminal craze: cats, game development, games, movies, toon & anime, comic books (in that order).
More information on Spidi777, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Operation KREEP Credits
Tamás Karsai (Spidi)