This is a Flash file, playable on any browser supporting Flash content. A downloaded game file could also be played as stand-alone on systems with Flash Player installed.
The game is one-button only, meaning you control it using only one button of your mouse. No keyboard required.
This is a full remake of the original game called COMPetition, made under 30 hours during a game jam.
TLDR: a lot has been done and quite a lot of work left.
But please read on for more details.
mAIN COMPetition is a remastered and heavily improved version of a short Flash game called simply COMPetition that we've (Lunar Shuriken) made under 36 hours during a game jam (more about this particular game jam, a Slavic Game Jam 2018 here: Lunarshuriken.com).
Like it's predecessor, mAIn COMPetition is an old-school point-and-click sci-fi cyberpunkish mystery adventure game. Put simply - a lot of fun, retro-style!
Your task is to find out what has happened in a futuristic building occupied by high-tech laboratories (and to save the world, of course!)
Graphically the game utilizes real-world photography, pixelated and altered in some other ways. A few simple animations will be added.
The game is fully controlled by a single (left) mouse button although the player can also use various keyboard shortcuts for easier navigation.
mAIn COMPetiton is a Flash game, which means you can play it on any browser supporting Flash or in a standalone Flash box. Android version is planned but will not appear before the official release of the Flash version of the game.
We build this game on a Stencyl game engine mostly, using several free or custom-made extensions.
- A game design document has been prepared and is constantly complemented.
- A full "level" map of the game is prepared (see a sneak peak of its early version below:
- The dialog system is constructed and currently undergoes the final stages of testing.
- The working prototype of the game is 80% completed and already heavily used for testing/experimenting purposes.
- All in-game text (in English) is written and almost completely implemented in the prototype.
- A few special effects already implemented but still, this is an early testing iteration.
- Finish working prototype.
- Test it thoroughly (2-4 weeks)
- Transform working prototype into an actual game build.
- Test it all again.
- Implement end version graphics, sounds, music, and effect.
- You guessed it - test the game again!
- Announce the release date.
There are also some other points to be added to the above but let's not speak of them right now. We aim to present you a surprise or two!
Stay tuned and please follow the game: mAIn COMPetition.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.