Tripwire Interactive is happy to announce the winners in Wave 1 of the Killing Floor Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition. With over 50 entries for the contest (download mappack), we have been really impressed with the quality of many of the submissions. The best of the best was judged to be Damien Laurent's "KF-Waterworks", which wins the top prize of $5,000. With amazing visuals and impressive gameplay the map set the bar very high for Wave 1, and will be one to watch for Wave 2. With all the great maps submitted in Wave 1, we can't wait to see what the mapping community creates for the final wave where the grand prize is $10,000. Additionally, the Wave 2 deadline has been moved back to October 2nd, 2009 to give the mappers a little extra time to polish their entries.
Congratulations to all the entrants in Wave 1. It is clear that a lot of effort went into these maps and it is just a shame that we can't reward everyone. The top 3 maps from Wave 1 are:
First Place - KF-WaterworksV2 by Damien "DamDam" Laurent which wins the $5,000 prize.
Second Place - KF-FilthsCross-v5 by Justyn "JustFilth" Toohill - Nvidia GTX 275 (896MB) graphics card plus a Logitech G19 Keyboard and G9X Mouse
Third Place - KF-CornerMarket_v3 by Clement Menendez - 2 Nvidia GTX 9600 GSO graphics cards
Here is the full list of runners-up, with a special mention for Justyn "JustFilth" Toohill who succeeded in producing 3 of the prize-winning maps!
4. KF-Biohazard-XTX by Justyn "JustFilth" Toohill - Logitech G15 Keyboard
5. KF-Refugev2 by Andrew "IrritAnt" Orman - Logitech G15 Keyboard
6. KF-Hospital-V3 by Justyn "JustFilth" Toohill - Logitech G9x Mouse
7. KF-DegenerationSPV2C by James "KiCk3R" Lovegrove - Logitech G19 Keyboard
8. KF-Swamp by Michael "Kyben" Hewish and Corey "Maul" Sine - Logitech G9X Mouse
9. KF-MountainPass_Beta1 by Kevin "DrGuppy" Butt - Logitech G9X Mouse
The full set of maps from Wave 1 is available at ModDB: Indiedb.com. Many of the potential entrants for Wave 2 are available now for testing, over at the Killing Floor forums, along with the rules for the contest, all at: Killingfloorthegame.com