GoNNER is a tough as hell score-based procedurally-generated platformer with roguelike elements. GoNNER is also a story about friendship between Ikk, Death, and a space whale named Sally.
You will die. A lot. This is by design, but it's not made to feel unfair. You'll eventually get the hang of GoNNER, so don't lose your head. But even if you do it's okay cause we have a lot of replacement heads you can use.
- DAILY CHALLENGES! Only playable once a day. Levels are randomly generated but in this mode everybody plays the same world and use an identical loadout. Everything resets at midnight (Swedish time, UTC+1). Can you crush your leaderboard foes?
- PROCEDURALLY GENERATED! Every time you play the game the levels will be different and present unique challenges and opportunities.
- UNLOCKS! You'll be able to choose from a variety of passive and active abilities at the beginning of each run so be sure to experiment with all of them and find the play style that best suits you.
- SECRETS! Secret areas exist in the world of GoNNER, and these areas will get you different items that you can then always use from the beginning of each run. We're not going to tell you how you get to these areas or what the criteria is for even finding them because secrets, duh.
- LEADERBOARDS! Kill creatures, get combos, score points, and brag to your friends how much better you are than them.
- MUSIC! It's really freaking good.
Yesterday, the Independent Games Festival awards took place at GDC 2017 in San Francisco, finally revealing the winners after first being announced just under two months ago. The categories were divided into Best Student Game, Excellence in Audio, Excellence in Design, Excellence in Narrative, Excellence in Visual Art, the Nuovo Award, and the Seumas McNally Grand Prize.
Congratulations to all the winners, and to all those whose games were selected to be featured in this year’s competition!
Art in Heart
Love Conquers All Games
The main competition for the 2017 IGF has revealed the final contenders.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.