The new farming feature is an approach to accommodate more peaceful players with the ability to receive items, resources and wealth. To successfully grow plants you need seeds and nutrients.
Seeds come in eight known colors: black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan and white.
A seed yields a slow, medium or fast growing plant. Slow growing seeds are the most rare ones, as they give the highest reward on harvesting.
Every plant has a certain amount of growth stages (i.e. how many times you have to feed the plant), a certain feeding time (i.e. after which the plant withers if it doesn’t get nutrients) and a certain growing time (i.e. the time the plant needs to advance to the next growth stage after feeding).
If a plant reaches the growth stage ripe, it can be harvested and will give pixels of its color and items as reward.
The three growing speeds should suit a wide range of players and should cover most playing styles/paces.
- Fast Growing – growth stages: 3, feeding time: 30 minutes, growing time: 5 minutes
- Medium Growing – growth stages: 4, feeding time: 24 hours, growing time: 4 hours
- Slow Growing – growth stages: 5, feeding time: 72 hours, growing time: 24 hours
To cultivate plants you’ll need nutrients. The nutrient a plant needs to grow depends on its color. Currently, there are: Blackberries, Red Wine, Soylent Green, Honey, Blue Stuff, Cotton Candy, Moonshine Water and Bone Meal.
Seeds and nutrients can currently be found in NPC loot.
How does it work?
To plant a seed you need to be on your property (estate or owned world). The seed needs to be in your inventory. Just click left on it and it will automatically be placed beneath you on the ground and fixed – the growing process starts.
Note: un-fixing a thusly planted seed or plant will destroy it – no relocating!
Feeding the thing is as easy as left-clicking on it. If you have the right amount of nutrients in your inventory.
After the growing time the plant will reach the next growth stage.
Repeat until the plant is ripe.
If you wait too long, the plant will wither and your only option is to remove it without getting any reward.
Feeding and harvesting plants grants you exploration runes.
New Skills (exploration)
- Fast Growing: Reduces plant grow time.
- Farming: Increases harvest yield (pixels and items).
Additional Update Notes
- New destructibles, that yield basic consumables, can be found.
- Old berries, cheese, fish and rich meal items have been deleted serverwide, because their definition files were deprecated.
- The exact RGBA-values are now shown via tooltip when hovering over the color bars in editor mode.
- Container windows are opened at the same position they have been closed at (per client session).
- Skills display improved - important numbers are highlighted and the overall skill effects per branch are shown.
- Automatic stacking into inventory sub-containers - When pressing Q for quick-item-pickup, the game now looks for incomplete stacks of that item, also in containers you have in your inventory. This'll prove a very useful feature due to the higher amount of different items in NPC loot. You can now vastly increase you inventory size while maintaining easy stacking on quick-pickup!
Stay tuned for more upcoming features!