The Bounty List System has been released in tonight's patch a long with a host of other changes and fixes. For those of you who may not read the last post about the bounty system here is the description of how it will work, followed by additional details on the system that were not previously noted:
Players will be able to request bounty lists from guards, dwarves and possibly other townsfolk by asking for work or through other conversational items. The npc will then provide a randomized list of npcs that must be slain in order to fullfill the bounty. The player may then choose to accept the bounty or discard it (in which another list could be requested). If the bounty is not discarded it can be made active by the player by using a select button on the bounty. While the bounty is active the player will receive credit for any NPCs slain. When the bounty list is fullfilled by slaying all of the npcs on it, the list can be returned to the npc that it was receievd from for an amount of gold and experience specified on the bounty.
Additional Details About Bounty System:
Currently Guards, The Dwarves in the Ice Caverns and Dark Priests will offer bounties. Guards may offer different NPCs on bounties based on the city or location you are in. All bounties are randomized and offer a reward in gold and experience based on the difficulty of the creatures on the bounty list.
Other Changes/Fixes/Improvements in this patch:
- A new client launcher has been released with this patch that will improve reliability of patching and allow players to launch multiple game clients. Players may launch a second game client simply by executing the launcher after they are in the game. The launcher will display a dialog allowing the player to select a server and launch the client.
- Fix: A client issue occasionally causing players to crash when moving from one map to another has been fixed. (Thanks Khor for all the details)
- Fix: The Show Tooltips setting should now be saved/loaded correctly.
- Fix: The Use Classic Containers setting should now be saved/loaded correctly.
- Fix: The Global Chat Text Color should now be saved and loaded correctly.
- Fix: Guards should no longer spawn in the Orc Camp
- Fix: An issue causing the client to crash when equipping a watering can on a female character has been fixed (Doom 44 Thanks, You should now be able to login with your farmer again)
- Fix: The Leatherwork skill help should now display on the status menu.
- Change: Players will now have a chance to gain healing skill while healing salve is cycling or active.
- Change: The maximum number of followers a player can have has been reduced by 1.
- Change: Players now gain experience from their followers as long as their followers are alive.
- Change: NPCs can no longer enter player properties.
- Change: Work Orders now have a discard button on them. The Discard function now allows players to discard a random work order that they have not started to fill. This will allow players to more easily get new work orders when they get ones they dont want to fill.