• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Pre-Release Dominions 4 Videos with PPCC (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : The Halfway Inn - General Discussion : Pre-Release Dominions 4 Videos with PPCC) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Hi Folks,

I've been given access to the pre release version of Dominions 4 and I've come here to share some of the content with you. I'll be doing a few introductory videos covering a few factions of out ths vast selection that is availible and I'll be going through the game little by little. By the time we're done with the introductory videos, we'll hopefully have learned how to play ,right around five different factions. Afterwards I'll be starting a Let's Play once we get familiarized with Dom4 and it's contents. To be frank I am by no means an expert on the Dominion series, I've watched it from afar for a long time and only now have I really gotten into the game. I'll try to update this thread I much as I can through out the next little bit, but Desura is generally not what I use. If you have a youtube account and would prefer automatic notifications as videos are uploaded please send me a subscribe.

Dominions 4 Thrones of Ascension - Tower of Avalon Basic Magic Introduction

In this video we'll be taking a look at a Human faction focused on the fronts of Bows and Knights. With cheap below average troops we'll have to use magic to buff our troops to get an edge over our enemies. Today we'll be experimenting with basic magic, things such as discovering new spells and casting said spells. Be sure to like and subscribe for more!

Dominions 4 Thrones of Ascension - Forges of Ulm Basic Forging & Site Searching Introduction

In this video we'll be taking a look at Ulm, the infantry heavy faction focused on smiting legendary items with their master smiths. A powerful faction that is fairly straightforward and easy to play. Be sure to like and subscribe for more!

Video embed isn't working

Dominions 4 Thrones of Ascension Blessed Units of Marignon
In this Dominions 4 video we'll be taking a look at another faction with a bless based play style. Be sure to like and subscribe for more!.

Dominions 4 Pre-release Let's play! - The Empire of the Phoenix Part 1

We Start off our Let's Play as one of the new Factions present inside the game. Overall we take a look at everything we've done before though in a full game format. Near the end in parts 3 and 4 things get a little messy but still decent overall. I'll be doing another LP sometime closer to release.
Part one
Youtu.be
Second LP
Youtu.be

Edited by: pewpewchewchew

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Very good ! Can't wait to see the other ones ! :)

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Good video. Especially if you're really new to Dominions. One of the things you should try to emphasize in the next videos, especially the ones aimed at new people, is the recruitment of mages whenever you can and also site searching in captured provinces (preferably with mages that have multiple paths at level 1-2). Those were the main points that were lacking here, but otherwise I liked what you did. Certainly this was much better than the preview video at Out of Eight.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

So small duels with thrones option on can be very quick (especially vs AI). 3 thrones for 2 players on random map probably can not be fair placed.
Is it possible to place thrones on fixed provinces in manual made maps?

Edited by: J.Mad

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

The map command to tag a province as an automatic throne location does not exist yet, but it is needed. I'll talk to Johan about that.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

I recognize all abysian troops.

Edited by: Tabarka

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Posted a Second Video

wilsonmax
wilsonmax Call me "Max"
Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Aha! Nature bless has been changed. Interesting and fairly profound.

Edited by: wilsonmax

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

This is very interesting ! You're making a really good job here especially for people who may not be familiar with the game.

I hope you will make a video with a blood nation since blood magic and blood economy are not easy to grasp for a new player imho.

Btw I'm very curious about this Sceleria nation. I though it was a non undead Ermor but it seems that they have undead too. How are they different from Ermor ? I suppose this will be jkept in mystery though

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

These are great vids but I suggest you play a little slower. For example there's stuff that you keep missing because you don't read all the messages. Also for new players it might be a bit confusing when you just click around so fast. I know these are just quick looks at different nations but as Edi already mentioned, try to include stuff like site searching, scouting and mercenaries to show more fleshed out gameplay. Also, could you show the score graphs once in a while?

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

And you can check what can you recruit in new-conquered provinces. I want to know how good indy commanders are in commanding national troops.

And I saw different color connections between provinces when they are separated by mountains. I think they are passable only under some special circumstances and I am curious this new feature.

And cave provinces.

And I saw some white cities or something in some provinces, too.

Edited by: J.Mad

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

so there is at least two new commanders for Man : the guy mounted on an unicorn and one sorceress,

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Updated with another video, video embedding doesn't seem to be working.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Awesome videos! Do Mictlan and blood magic next! :D

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

I'm a bit worried that the Thrones are too easy to conquer (defenders seem pretty weak), and often start too close to your starting position, making defeating the AI even more of a cakewalk.

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Can you do one of the new nations next?

Jul 26 2013 Anchor

Waaaaiiiiit a second! If Ermor Ashen Empire is a MA nation now, does that mean there is an even ASHIER Empire in the LA?!?!

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

carltonbauheimer wrote: Waaaaiiiiit a second! If Ermor Ashen Empire is a MA nation now, does that mean there is an even ASHIER Empire in the LA?!?!

I think MA and LA Ermor got switched around.

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

According to the nation list in the Ulm video it looks like MA Ermor is still in the MA, just under a different name of Sceleria.

Of course Sceleria "The Reformed Empire" still might be different than MA Ermor is in Dom3, and there might be a Dom4 equivalent of MA Ermor in the LA.

Regardless, I like seeing the Ashen Empire in the MA because it can once again go up against a lot of nations it originally fought before Dominions had all the different ages.

Edited by: carltonbauheimer

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

So it's seems that Ulm has got a new recruitable : the first unit appear to be a wolf or a hound of some sort.

I hope the Allfather who is using a Dom2 sprite will get an upgrade. The Great Mother also.

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

According to another preview, there is a nation in LA called Lemuria, Soul Gates, which should obviously be the soul gate version of LA Ermor.

(Lemuria having nothing to do with the lost continent, but this: En.wikipedia.org

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

patolixo wrote: According to another preview, there is a nation in LA called Lemuria, Soul Gates, which should obviously be the soul gate version of LA Ermor.

(Lemuria having nothing to do with the lost continent, but this: En.wikipedia.org(festival)

Can you link to that preview?

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

Admiral_Aorta wrote:

patolixo wrote: According to another preview, there is a nation in LA called Lemuria, Soul Gates, which should obviously be the soul gate version of LA Ermor.

(Lemuria having nothing to do with the lost continent, but this: En.wikipedia.org(festival)

Can you link to that preview?

There is this one (i don't know if it's the one patolixo is looking about) look in the comments

Thurot.com

Jul 27 2013 Anchor

Actually, it was in the comments section of this one: Matchstickeyes.com

Jul 28 2013 Anchor

I've posted a poster with some of the new factions and their descriptions below. It's a reddit thread, so if you would like to vote on which faction I should cover feel free to leave a comment and subcribe for the video notification.

Reddit.com

Posted Another Video

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.