• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Dom 3 to Dom 4 Conversions (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Palace of Dreams - Modding : Dom 3 to Dom 4 Conversions) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 10 2013 Anchor

I'm working on converting some popular Dom 3 mods to Dom 4...I take no credit as the hard work was done by others but I want my old mods now, so until the original authors get a chance to move the mods over officially, this will have to do. The "only changes" I am making are:.
converting ID's to ranges used in Dom 4
Nation IDs to match
resistances to the new amounts instead of percentages
adding "s" to makemonster
adding arguments to sailing

I haven't made changes to any comments or sprites. Since the spell numbers have changed, if I come across a spell ID I will try to replace it with the spell name. This is a spare time project so don't expect a lot of mods to show up here and I'm using free media fire which means the hosting is good for 30 days. If you spot something I missed in a conversion, please let me know. If you are an original author and want something taken down, let me know. Otherwise, enjoy.

PS. by popular, I really mean, mods I like 8)

Here is Epic Heroes 1.5
Mediafire.com

Here is Nova Deus II
Mediafire.com

Here is Immortal Pretenders (made them all #HomeRealm 10 since none were nation specific)
Mediafire.com

Here is Magic Site Mod with units edited by Stavis (I think it might be duplicating some of the new sites in Dom 4 but no crashes so far)
Mediafire.com

Here is Vampire Counts
Mediafire.com

and here is a reference of the ID's I did use so far in case you are working on your own stuff and don't want to clash
-- Monster ID's in use
Vampire Counts 3200-3275
Epic Heros 4535-4567
Immortal Pretenders 3500-3510
Novadeus 5608 & 5630-5650
Magic Site Mod 3087-3121
-- Weapon ID's in use
Vampire Counts 833-839
Epic Heros 980-999
Immortal Pretenders 1150-1152
Novadeus 820
Magic Site Mod 709-720

Site ID's in Use

Vampire Counts 1597-1599
Magic Site Mod 1651-1695 1703-1798
-- Armor Id's in use
Vampire Counts NA
Epic Heros 301-312
Immortal Pretenders NA
Novadeus NA
Magic Site Mod 412-420

Edited by: rottijumbo

Oct 12 2013 Anchor

Thank you! You are awesome.

Oct 12 2013 Anchor

I wonder how long I should wait before converting SingleAge? :devil:

Oct 13 2013 Anchor

Excellent! I just want more monsters, more pretenders, independents with stronger and more varied troops. Dom 3 is a treasure trove of content for dom4. No need to reinvent the wheel, as they say.

Oct 13 2013 Anchor

Yeah Im starting to work on a new Chaos program just to see what surprises Dom4 can throw into a province.
MUAHAHahahahahahahhaa

Oct 14 2013 Anchor

The nation mods I've started on are close but the spells aren't working well. I suppose I can just post them with the spells I can't make work commented out. At least you get the armies and most of the national ritual spells. The combat spells are basically beyond the scope of my time and experience. I'll post a mostly working Vampire Counts tonight.

Oct 14 2013 Anchor

gp1628 wrote: I wonder how long I should wait before converting SingleAge? :devil:

It would be incredibly easy, so why wait?

Oct 14 2013 Anchor

Its an irritant. I will give Johans game a while to win over people.

I will wait until people start getting burned out before throwing my "special flavor" of craziness into the game. :)

Oct 14 2013 Anchor

Hey guys. There are lots of Dominions 3 mods that I have never tried, and I would love to try them on the improved engine. I'm thinking about taking a shot at converting some mods myself. Is there a resource I can find with complete tables of the spell numbers and item numbers? Without having to look each up individually?

Also, I noticed that when I use any modified Pretender it always starts off at age 3719. I don't see any startage set in the mod files, so I assume it must be a bug. And, I tried to put a startage in, and it crashed the game, telling me multiple startages. *shrug*

Edited by: reflexial

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Ok, this took longer than I though....Vampire Counts is up. I have left most of the spells in, most work, some may not. Nothing has crashed my games so far and I've tried casting pretty much every spell except for the highest level summons but the low level summons work just fine and there is nothing weird about the high level ones. Let me know if anything crashes your game or...if you know how to fix the spells that don't actually work...because this mod is really well done IMO.

PS. Added Blood Angel from Immortal Pretenders as a option because I thought it fit and added #bloodnation so the AI can play it. Also, nothing in Epic Hero's for this nation and a bunch of others. Might add at least the mutli-hero for every nation that isn't getting any right now at some point to that mod just to keep things better balanced.

PPS. If you have a mod you love to death and want me to take a look, post a link. Just refer back to want I can do from the original article and what I can't.

PPPS. So it looks like adding the Blood Angel with #addgod isn't working in VC, never mind. Could be load order or something, I don't want to actually copy the god out of IP to make it work.

Edited by: rottijumbo

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Does llama know you've updated his mod?

For the record, I'd rather you didn't update any of mine.

Edited by: Sombledon

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

reflexial wrote: Hey guys. There are lots of Dominions 3 mods that I have never tried, and I would love to try them on the improved engine. I'm thinking about taking a shot at converting some mods myself. Is there a resource I can find with complete tables of the spell numbers and item numbers? Without having to look each up individually?

Also, I noticed that when I use any modified Pretender it always starts off at age 3719. I don't see any startage set in the mod files, so I assume it must be a bug. And, I tried to put a startage in, and it crashed the game, telling me multiple startages. *shrug*

Spell numbers are the big mystery right now....but you can almost always use the spell name. Spell effects is what is the real roadblock to spell modding right now. Someone posted that they had an armor DB in the works. The old monsters and weapons haven't changed so you can refer to the Dom 3 DB's for those...although they won't include any of the new stuff. No clue on the Age thing, it isn't really breaking anything I'm working with.

Sombledon wrote: Does llama know you've updated his mod?

For the record, I'd rather you didn't update any of mine.

I made a profile to contact him on Shrapnel but it won't let new users send PM's so...not yet.

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Id like to contact some people about updating their mods. Especially if they are presently housed on Shrapnel which might disappear at any time

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

So,... contact them then?

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

heehee. DUH.
but the ones Im interested in arent the easiest to contact. :)
As Im able I may pick up one at a time.

I should do my own first. Or maybe not. No time limit on mine I guess

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Found some Monster ID's I didn't change for the sites in Vampire Counts so you'd get the useless NAT guys instead of the correct ones. Fixed.

Found some more Monster ID's with bad numbers in VC...fixed.

Oct 16 2013 Anchor

rottijumbo wrote:

I made a profile to contact him on Shrapnel but it won't let new users send PM's so...not yet.

You know he has an account here and on dom3mods right? No one uses shrapnel any more. I think you should probably ask someone whether they mind you updating their mod before you release it, just to be polite. I know I wouldn't want any of my mods ported over without my knowledge.

Edited by: Admiral_Aorta

Oct 16 2013 Anchor

I say we shouldn't discourage people from releasing these, as long as they atleast try to contact the author.

Oct 16 2013 Anchor

As usual Im the total opposite of the norm.
I only update mine if I have to. Only if no one else does it first (and usually much better than I could).

Oct 16 2013 Anchor

Incidentally, Amos has in the past agreed to let his sprites be reutilized; I think he said somewhere that anyone could use them for anything.

Which means there is a lot of fine artwork (also some of my inexpert scribbles) to be found here:
Llamaserver.net

I had thought that the resolution for sprites was increased now, but this is not the case? Modding manual still says a human should be about 30 pixels tall.

Oct 17 2013 Anchor

THANK YOU DrPraetor. Most of the mods Id like to see ported are not nation mods. But the nation mods I am interested in are mostly Amos

MAurelius11
MAurelius11 Philosopher King
Oct 17 2013 Anchor

A conversion of Black Rose Ulm and the Byzantine conversion of Pythium off llamaserver would be sick. Those mods were awesome (I'm sure they all are, but those were the ones I played). I can still remember finally being able to summon the female Black Ulm knight and then I took her into battle and her special ability blinded all of my troops as well as the enemy. Ah, good times.

Oct 17 2013 Anchor

A conversion of SingleAge is on the way. (thankfully someone else is doing it)

Oct 17 2013 Anchor

DrPraetor wrote: I had thought that the resolution for sprites was increased now, but this is not the case? Modding manual still says a human should be about 30 pixels tall.

Nope, same as dom3.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.