• Register

The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Tear of Heavens (95 + 14, wraparound) (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : Maps & Scenarios : Tear of Heavens (95 + 14, wraparound)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 9 2013 Anchor

"A world prone to catch tears from heavens - or meteors as we know them. Recently a huge meteor hit the great sea. Could there be something sinister lurking in the previously quiet waters?"

This map hopefully allows players to play with one water nation without causing too bad balance problems. There's also desert - something I haven't added to a map before! That should in addition to older style waste give this map half decent amount of waste for those wasteland spells.

The river does not connect the sea and the lake.

Download link:
Koti.kapsi.fi

Feb 24 2013 Anchor

I've done an updated version of this map. Change list below.
Dl.dropbox.com

Missing Connections - Added 11-23. Added 40-53
Missing Tags - 20 Forest. 35 Sea.

Changed Tags
32 - Border Mountain (BM) to Mountain (M)
13 - BM to M
34 - BM to Plains
50 - Sea to Deap Sea
64 - BM to M
82 - BM to Plains
108 - BM to Plains

------------------------------

Been looking at this map this morning and I wonder if it will suffer somewhat in MP games due to it not being a true wraparound North-South, as there is not a land connection across the water. So depending on the nations in the game, there might either be a natural barrier that causes the map to play like a East-West wrap for Land nations. Or a challenge players need to overcome to either cross the water (Pocket Ships!) or control the Water (tough if a Water nation is in the game) for it to be a full 360 wrap for Land.

Which is not to say there's anything wrong with having such a map, but thought I'd point out some practical issues that might come up in MP games.

Edited by: Calahan.

Feb 24 2013 Anchor

If it's a reason to not use the map for someone, I'll add a couple of harbours if requested.

I also once again made this one the official and credited you in the map list.

Edited by: elmokki

Feb 24 2013 Anchor

elmokki wrote: If it's a reason to not use the map for someone, I'll add a couple of harbours if requested.

Probably not I'd say, it's just likely to play a little different to normal wraps. Although I'm intending to use it in my new Holy Mages mod test game, so guess you'll have some feedback regarding this in a month or two from the players. Although there is no water nation in the game, so crossing the water North-South isn't going to have the same issues as there'd be if there was a Water nation.

Edited by: Calahan.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.