Based in Portugal
Educational puzzle-platformer based on a Portuguese northern folklore "Careto" is about a creature of a mysterious Carnival from a village in the north of Portugal. It celebrates the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Collect, build, explore in the form of Careto!
"Careto" began as a solo academic project by MA Studios. Its aim is to use an interactive media format to bring a centuries-old Portuguese tradition to life for younger generations.
- Single Player
Careto | Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Careto brings Portuguese tradition to the world of videogames"
- Joana Sousa, Squared Potato
- "An interactive form of communication to bring a centuries-old Portuguese tradition to the younger generations"
- Rui Oliveira, GameHub.pt
- "The game follows every step of the Careto ritual"
- Filipe Silva, MoshBit Gaming
- "Preserving culture is important and in video game format is even better!"
- Eduardo Rodrigues, Café Mais Geek
- "A national indie game dedicated to a beautiful tradition."
- Telmo Couto, Meus Jogos
- "Using a form of interactive communication to bring a century-old Portuguese tradition."
- Pedro Almeida, Indie Corner Games
- "Careto is being developed both in Portuguese and in English so that the “Carnival of the Caretos” can be shared with locals and international players alike"
- Fernando Costa, InforGames
- "Careto follows the process of the carnival ritual from beginning to end."
- Inês Moura Pinto, Público P3
- "Careto is the name of the first video game that portrays the tradition, geography and aesthetics of the Caretos de Podence"
- Onda Livre, Rádio Onda Livre
About MA Studios
Currently developing a 2D platformer about a mysterious Carnival in northen Portugal.
More information on MA Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.